• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti600 to X800 Pro....what will I notice??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pyramus

Hi Folks,

I am currently working on an old Ti4600. Still a pretty good card. Far Cry looks and plays pretty decent on it.

But, I am looking to get an X800 PRO or XT shortly. What will I notice in my gaming? Will the improvement be worth upgrading to these cards? :-/

Thanks

I'd say your card is like a V6 VW Golf. Still fast, but isn't quick.
9800Pro is like a Audi RS6, powerful and very fast.
X800 XT is like a Porsche 911 Turbo on NOS.

Just doo it

i upgraded from an fx5900 to x800pro and was completely blown away, exceeded all of my expectations

I went from a Ti4600 to a X800XT PE, and i can say the difference is pretty dam amazing, especially in DX9 games of course.

i went form ti4600ULTRA ----> 9700PRO ----> x800PRO

it is worth it even from a 9700PRO to an x800 that clocks beyond a XTPE :D

WOW!
Thanks for the response guys.

I had doubts about forking out the money for an X800 pro or XT. But I think I definitely will now. There aint many X800 pros available over this side of the World as yet. I did see a Powercolor X800 pro but I was thinking of holding out till the XT hits the shelves. Hopefully that will be soon. I dont want to play Doom 3 on my Ti600

I'm in the same situation, however, I'm a student and don't have the money to upgrade to the latest gen card, so I guess I'm going to be skipping this round, things will just be even better next year!

Probably the biggest thing you will notice is the image quality (well obviously speed). The TI4600 isn't able to display Directx 9 graphics. So you'll see things you never saw before.

pyramus said:
WOW!
Thanks for the response guys.

I had doubts about forking out the money for an X800 pro or XT. But I think I definitely will now. There aint many X800 pros available over this side of the World as yet. I did see a Powercolor X800 pro but I was thinking of holding out till the XT hits the shelves. Hopefully that will be soon. I dont want to play Doom 3 on my Ti600

^^ Dont count out the 6800GT either. Thats also one fine card. It keeps up with the x800s and often beats them, especially in OpenGL. aka Doom3.

However if you are certian to get an x800XT, see this link. Its the best price on the net, with a great re-seller rating. I would buy from them, but I already got a GT, too impatient.

http://shop.pcconnection.com/web/Sh...hLogID={A1CFF16D-1183-472A-A3A1-B62BE9B8FABF}

x800XT PE ---- > $473 w/t ground shipping

I'm in the same situation, however, I'm a student and don't have the money to upgrade to the latest gen card, so I guess I'm going to be skipping this round, things will just be even better next year!

I'm a student too, and have been working my butt off at work, finding many ways to make extra money to get a next gen card. And I think in the end it will be well worth it.

Back