• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

post your a8v serial number

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Absolute Zero

i've noticed quite a few a8v's around here, so i thought we could post our serial numbers, what bios we're using, date of purchase and vendor, and whether or not we have a working pci lock to help out those who are having lock troubles.

so here's mine:

serial number: 46MG084363
bios: 1005.020 beta
date of purchase/vendor: 06.26.04/XotikPC.com (ebay auction)
working lock: YES

Serial # 45MG0J2893
Bios 1005.021
date of purchase: 6/28/04
vendor: monarchpc
working lock: yes

Caveat: I have heat problems...my cpu stays around 43C idel and goes up to 53C under load....now researching a water cooling solution

Serial: 45MG0B7819
Bios: 1006, 1005.020, 1005.021
Date of purchase: June sometime
Vendor: dustin.se
Working lock: Nope (not with any of the bioses)

BIOS 1005.20

45MG0J2969

I have googled it and other forums have discussed the same issue. It seems that 45MG0JXXXX has a working lock and 45MG0BXXXX doesn't.

Section8 said:
Serial number= 46MG0D7484
BIOS= Newest from ASUS website? Thought it was 1006
Date of purchase= 7/28/04
Working PCI/AGP Bus= Yes

You have a pci/agp freq. listing in your bios with bios 1006? that would be a first. You sure?

if it's from the asus site, it's either 1003 or 1006. neither have the pci lock option, so the locks could be fixed for all boards. i was under the impression that it was a hardware issue from via.

Last edited:
Serial number= 46MG084292
BIOS= 1005.021
Date of purchase= 8/5/04
Vendor= Central Computer
Working PCI/AGP Bus= Yes

xgman said:
You have a pci/agp freq. listing in your bios with bios 1006? that would be a first. You sure?

Yeah I downloaded the BIOS from a friend that sent me a link to it. It must be a beta BIOS? It has AGP?PCI lock in the BIOS and I overclocked the **** out of it and everything ran fine. I don't know what the number of the BIOS is though? Maybe 1005.2 or something?

I am pretty sure it says what version when the computer POST's. You can also find it in Sandra under the BIOS information section, I think.

in the system summary in sandra, it's right here:

Attachments

• bios placement.JPG
    bios placement.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 286
The board I just got is a revision 1.02, haven't yet installed or flashed it.

Serial # is:

47MGO12387

the 1 could possibly be an "I"

How can I check to see if this board has a working lock?

This board was loaded with bios 1003.

I would think that you could try like a 204 bus and see if the AGP is at 68 or something.

use one of the beta bioses, like 1005.020, and see if you can set something that would be impossible without a lock, like 250 fsb.

It's simple folks, anything after s/n 45MG0Jxxxx will have working locks, but only with beta bios 1005.020 or .021. the newer 1006 bios sets only show working locks on rev. 2.0 boards. 2.0 boards should start showing up soon.

OFFTOPIC

buy one a8v 1.02 the next week and i dont know that the clocklocks worked well

have 3500+ & 2x512 adata 4000 , one 6800 GT and audigy 2

cant go to 250x10 1:1 without problems? ( 1,55-16vcore )

thanks for your time an sorry for my loor inglish

I would see if I could find the A8V in retail if possible to make sure you have the right serial number. If you can get one with a good serial number then flash in a beta bios then you will be all set, the lock should work properly. If you already have it ordered online, then it depends on how lucky you are. I personally wouldn't leave it to chance and would rather wait for the rev 2.0 to come out. If the lock doesn't work you could try to trade it in for a different one.

Welcome to the forums if you haven't been welcomed already.

As for your setup, if you get the lockable board then you will be all set. Just be careful with setting things in the bios. Make good sure that you set all the voltages MANUALLY. Don't make the same mistake I did, it almost toasted my board!

As for voltages, correct me if I'm wrong but default voltages are:

fx 53 1.5v
agp 1.5v
ddr 2.75v (corsair XL twinpack)

Any other voltages I should set manually? Northbridge southbridge? and if so, what are the default voltages please?

i think the standard voltage for ddr is 2.6, but corsair loves extra voltage, so you're not hurting anything with that 2.75

Back