• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU giving low performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funnyperson1

I've encountered a perplexing problem here.

In Sandra, my cpu is not giving the performance that is appropriate to its mhz. It actually performs like it was 150mhz slower.

Here is my cpu at 1929mhz:
cpuperf.JPG

Note how it is slower than even the 1.8GHZ 2200+.

I have tried new Motherboard drivers, tweaking bios settings, none of it has changed this. Before in Sandra I had always found that the numbers were always on point and scaled very well with increase in speed.

I even upgraded Sandra thinking it may be the problem.

Has anyone experienced this?

Have you tried any other benchmarks to test this? Tried GCPUID to make sure its running at the right speed?

PS Nice double post ;)

David

lol, I actually thought I stopped it before I sent it, I wanted to change the title to something more specific, but since you posted here, I deleted the other one :p.

Well, I don't have any other benchmarks that are purely cpu dependant and has a nice standardized list of cpus to compare to.

I have verified the speed through arithmetic (FSBxmuli), CPU-Z, Sandra, MBM, I am pretty sure it is running at the listed frequency.

If anyone wanted to post a ZD Cpumark 99 score, or some other purely cpu benchmark from an Athlon XP I could compare to I would be grateful.

Thanks.

what FSB/mutliplier u running at have u tryed SuperPI ill gladdly help u by running the same test to compare

u have got the N-force drivers installed havent u ?? becuase that will slow down the bandwidth which will slow down the CPU as u most likely know :D

Thats the thing, Sandra has in the past shown to be extremely bandwith independant.

In that screenshot I was running 172x11.5, but this problem was there even when I was running 230x9.

My superpi score from 230x9 was 53 seconds. Thing is SuperPi depends quite a bit on the memory subsystem, whereas Sandra almost purely tests the FPU.

I had read about the Nforce drivers affecting performance, but that was a year ago, I assumed they had fixed it by now. I will try uninstalling them.

is this what u wanted to compare?

Attachments

• cpuz-sandra.JPG
    cpuz-sandra.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 32
  • sandra2.JPG
    sandra2.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 36
Sort of, but your computer is too much better than mine to really help :(.

Well I have Symantec corporate edition on real time scanning and running nightly with the newest updates, I also run adaware and spybot every couple days.

What is your motherboard??? is it the one on your sig, the shuttle??? It could be the matters like CPC (enabled/disabled bios, about 30fsb performance hit if disabled), Memory timings (CAS, TRAS, RAS, as well as T), CPU Interface, etc.

Back