• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you pre-ordered a copy of Doom 3 yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TooOneBee

Registered
Still deciding whether i should pre-order or not.

If i do, i might be playing it as early as 4 days after the release. (7th Aug) :clap:

TooOneBee said:
Still deciding whether i should pre-order or not.

If i do, i might be playing it as early as 4 days after the release. (7th Aug) :clap:

nope. i probably should but im sure ill forget to get around to doing it and end up paying the extra money and waiting the day or days. :-/

Personally I'm going to wait. I want to see what the reviews say etc. Plus I've already got money saved for HL 2. I just can't spend 100 bucks on games right now!

Pre-Ordered my copy back in JANUARY from a local Best-Buy...
:attn:

DMac said:
Personally I'm going to wait. I want to see what the reviews say etc. Plus I've already got money saved for HL 2. I just can't spend 100 bucks on games right now!
Aww, Come on...
Doom3 in August and HL2 in September.
It's only $50 a month!
What do you do normally that would cost you $50 a month!
Just don't go on 1 date each month LOL stay home and play your games!
Think about it... you forgoe one evening out, and you'll practically save the money you just spent on the game (unless your a really cheap date :p )
and you'll get to play the game while you stay home...

My fiance and I are both avid gamers, and we had to set a budget for ourselves of one game per month. This keeps us playing the latest games and we play With / against each other all the time. (UT2K3 & 2k4, Halo, etc, etc...)
I incorporated it into our "together time"
Made sence.
Just spend the money. You'll not go broke on it yet.
:clap:

Yeah baby!!!!! Doom 3 will be at my house sometime between 8/5 and 8/7. I can't wait!!! I just hope that my computer will be able to take that kind of power.

Got the XT=free HL2(whatever that is worth) soo the price of D3 isn't soo bad.

Pre-oredered it from gamestop with a coupon for free overnight shipping so idealy it will be on my doorstep when I get home from work on the 4th.

Now, to find a video card that can handle the game...

Taking into account my location getting the game 4 days after release is not bad at all.

Btw, someone mentioned that it was 50-60 bucks. Is that in USD?

TooOneBee said:
Taking into account my location getting the game 4 days after release is not bad at all.

Btw, someone mentioned that it was 50-60 bucks. Is that in USD?

Yes... it is in USD.
Just do a search on Google, and you'll see alot of adds for it online.

I have 2 copys of Doom3 preordered. :-/ I have a copy preordered from eb games, here at my local store, and I also have a copy preordered frpm gamestop(online) with overnite shipping.I'm gonna open the one that I get my hands on first, and sell the other one to one of my friends.

I CAN'T WAIT, ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME, BRING ON DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I've had one preordered for about two months now, ever since the official trailer came out (whenever that was) I was skeptical about how really scary or immersive the game might be until I saw that trailer, then I was sold :)

Pre-ordered mine last Tues. at Best Buy. After reading PCGamers review on it (94% rating), I figured that I had better jump on this one. The game looks to be pretty kick azz.

I'm not even going to bother pre-ordering. I'm just going to pick it up the day it comes out. Everytime there's a huge game coming out, Every store seems to be overstocked with it. I mean, if Best Buy doens't ahve it, Wal-Mart will, If not Wal-Mart, then Gamestop, and if not EB Games, if not, Circuit City, and if not, I'm going to shoot myself.

Back