• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward cheated!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Look at this thread:

http://forum.gainward.de/viewtopic.php?t=355&sid=462d4e15117d3aebcb2e8cf340bc705b

I for one bought GW card because of supposed 1.6 thay had on their cards....

What did I paid so much money for than ? I got no extras, no fancy cooler, nothing!!! Just a bunch of cables and a few CDs. No games, nothing...

It's not about speed... It's about being cheated. It said 1.6ns on their page. THey charged more for their card and me/everybody else thought it's because of memory.
I could get PNY GT for 76.1573192623 € less and Far Cry on top of that.

Instead I paid much more, didn't get anything + I got cheated.

You buy P4 3.2 and pay the penny for it. But than you get to know it's not 3.2 but a 3.0 instead (because of typo ). So you're stuck with lower performance+higher price you've got to pay+that Owned look on your face.
Believe me not a good combination.

Can they do so ? Can I get refund or something ? I paid pretty penny for this card and I feel cheated. Some more money and I could've got real 6800 Ultra.

I bought my card from Komplett here in Sweden and they didn't state anything about 1.6 memory. Is there a way for me to exchange it or anything?
Anything I can do ?

Thank you for your time!

You can call them up and ask them, but I don't think there is much you can do. Usually the person who gets cheated is the person who doesnt shop around and ask around for info on the card, they just buy the first thing they see. No offence or anything, but that's what the forums are good for, asking around :D

If it stated plainly on their site that it was 1.6ns Memory. A loooong time as well. Would you ask than?
And who would you ask? Only person who would notice that memory was 2.0ns would be the one who took off their cooling system and looked for memory rating. I don't do that and neither does 90% of the people who bought/got this card.

Guy in this thread noticed it 25 of july...
"Technical Sales Manager for Gainward Nordic" noticed it 26 of july

I bought my card way before.

No offence or anything, but forums couldn't have helped me a thing on this one.

I have thread going on FM and there are guys from Estonia and Finland where stores state that GW Golden Sample have 1.6ns memory. This isn't a few hours/few days typo, it is a few weeks one + that what you see isn't what you get ( No red card with fancy cooling but a reference board without even a "G" from Gainward on it )

If this was done on ebay it would've been called scam, in GW case it's a typo.

In case I get to RMA it for Ultra, I still have to pay insane amount of money (167€=194$) for nothing speciall really. Package sucks ( there is nothing in it really ), they have default cooling and cost much more than the rest. So in almost each case I'm fuxed...

Only thing that can save me is that komplett.se agrees to take card back and me to cash some more dough and get myself an Ultra (not GW in any case). But I highly doubt it.

If the company from whom you bought the card advertised it as being something different from what you bought, then by (UK) law you are entitled to a refund or replacement - its false advertising. If Komplett are at fault then they should refund you or replace it.

Komplett.co.uk missed a couple items off my order once. I called them up and they sent replacements out within the next couple days, so I see them as being generally a good company.

Gainward has always been con men. Like their ti4200 debacle they tried to deny for so long, then when people found out their supposed golden ample cards were just normal cards they slapped larger hsf units on. The fact their american office has ONE tech guy... screw them in their ear.

I was eyeing up Gainward cards before I decided on the Leadtek I got now. Looks like I made the right choice, for a lot less money, too, for an equal card. Looks like Gainward is joining Chaintech on my do not buy list. (Although Chaintech is on it because I thought their VNF-3 just plain sucks.)

I haven't even considered a Gainward product since my brother's Pink scree of death Ti4200. Then they had the nerve to deny it until forums like this one were plum full of people foaming at the mouths because their card sucked, while competing cards were fine. Leadtek, Albatron, and MSI all make worthy alternatives, in my opinion. There's no redeeming reason for me to look at Gainward cards.

Abit's also a fine choice. I saw an interesting article on Anandtech recently that detailed their extensive QA process and environmental stress testing when they took a factory tour. Very cool. (Search Anandtech's mobo section.) -- Paul

Back