• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 Volt mod(s) (Pencil / Resister)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
:thup: http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=926&s=1

6800vmod1.JPG

6800vmod2.JPG

I was looking at a site that was in some language I've never seen before that had that last night, and Google didn't translate very good. I'm assuming this can be done on the GT's, as it is on the Ultra's. Thanks for finding this by the way :D

EDIT - Not really clear on where to pencil, the flash from the camera and the arrow makes it really hard to see, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, evidently this is 6800Ultra only, 'cause I've penciled the hell out of that resistor, and no go. Also, the GT doesn't have that 4th or last resistor in the picture.

I can take a huge, clear macro pic of my bfg 6800 GT if that will help someone out. I haven't attempted to mod it yet.

You guys are just crazy! HeHe... :D
Feeling some strange desire to break some 400$-stuff? :attn:
I feel with you...this addiction to sqeeze every bit of juice out...I love it!
Good luck! :thup:

its pin #7 and the pin 7 is on the other side, as the pic is wrong; bmg said so himself (he wrote the article)

see xtremesystems.org and ask xtremetheme (guy mentioned in article, does 6800 bios mods) if you don't believe me, its where all this came from in the first place

_

yeah its been updated now with the right pics, dont use the pics in this thread to do yer penciling its the 5th resistor not the 3rd.

Only the Ultras can make use of this. If you have a GT, or a non-ultra, you're not going to benefit from it and you'll experience a decrease in performance. This is because the GT's don't have the same amount of capacitors as the Ultras and they only use one molex connector. Getting the GT to run anything over 1.4V will only decrease performance, believe me, I've tried, and so have many others.
Having said that, it is much easier and cleaner to mod and flash your card's BIOS to squeeze out that 1.4V. Follow CandymanCan's guide in the nvidia section.

im digging this thread up.

has anyone performed this mod on their ultra? if so what were your oc results with the extra voltage?

that mod is wrong, this should be removed or fixed..

here is the correct one
6800vmodedit1.JPG

Back