• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

I was playing some UT a while ago and while playing it, some of the textures didn't look right when i got close to enough to people. For example, the area in front of me for about 10 feet was just completely black, and whenever i approached a weapon to pick it up, it had a shaded white texture which was very strange. Not only that, but close up, the explosion looks horrible, no textures. Does anyone know whats wrong? Heres a screeny, it might help.
wtf.jpg

Last edited:
bump please help!!
i am using 56.72 drivers and these problems happen even when im non overclocked.

Hmmmm........

Have you tried a different renderer?
What rendering device are you using?
What graphics card do you have?
What's wrong with 62.20 drivers?

IMO OpenGL is the better of the group because of s3TC MET&L abilities.

Anyway.... the OpenGL.dll that comes off the discs is poor and doesn't support later nVidia cards. I'd update that for sure, It works fine for me.

:cool:

No matter which renderer(opengl,directx,software) i use, this problem keeps recurring. I never got around to installing the 62.20 drivers :-/ would that fix the problem?

hrhrhrFOOT said:
No matter which renderer(opengl,directx,software) i use, this problem keeps recurring. I never got around to installing the 62.20 drivers :-/ would that fix the problem?

Wouldn't hurt to try....

Do you have problems like this in any other games? If not then looks like a problem with the game. If so, might be a dodgy video card?

Its strange, it runs 3dmark all fine and dandy, but when it comes to ut it just F#(*%#(*s up. Let me try the ut2k4 demo and the fc demo.

EDIT:UT2K4 plays fine, just like a dream. Really wierd.

Last edited:
how often does it do it? like i was playing vietcong on a hercules 4000 32meg card every was great, after about 2 hrs playing i got the exact thing you did i just shut off my computer and in the morning it was fine i am guessing it was that the card got hot, after that i put in his big brother but that is the only time i have seen that, after awhile your card gets hot/bad air circ whatever, but it did it to mine after cooling down all was fine

No, no matter what, even if i switch between ut and ut2k4 after each game, it only happens with ut.

Back