• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling vid....need just 2 minutes of your time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

I was not sure where to post this but since it is cooling related I posted it here.

I am debating on wether to add a GPU block to my watercooling setup. Either a Maze4 GPU or the Swifty.

The issue I need help resolving is how many watts the GPU produces on my Sapphire 9800NP. I am trying to figure out exactly how much more the water is going to be heated up if I added that block.

I am running these watercooling components right now:

Swiftech MCP600
TC4
BIX w/ Shroud
120mm Vantec Stealth for the BIX

Temps stay around 41*C with this setup on a mild OC on my CPU. But when I really crank up the OC the temps jump close to 46*C. Will the GPU block add around 5*C more on my temps?

PS=> I am running a VGA Silencer on the GPU. And I do not like the hum of the fan even on low. So you can tell I am going for the silent route.

Later gen GPU adds almost as many Watts as prescotts. Considering you only have a single radiator, I would put the upper limit on temps on +5C. Might be lower but really hard to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobahn
add a second radiator.

I do not have that option in my midtower.

Probably not the best idea, but if you have your BIX in the lower fron part of your case, you could make a sandwich, fan/shroud/rad/shroud/fan/shroud/rad/shroud/fan.... or some other variation based on avaliable space.

wouldn't give the best temps on the second loop, but it wouldn't affect the first loop other than restricting some of the airflow on the rad either.

Back