• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600-M vs. 2400-M guarenteed stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't believe either of the 2400 mobiles can handle the 2600..... it seems people with the right stepping 2600 mobiles are doing like 2.8GHz....

As far as I am aware, newer 2400s are hit and miss just now. 2500Ms and 2600Ms seem to be most popular just now.

HousERaT said:
I don't believe either of the 2400 mobiles can handle the 2600..... it seems people with the right stepping 2600 mobiles are doing like 2.8GHz....

Is the 2.8Ghz on air?

yea but it is more like 2.7 ghz on air
that wut i expect to hit with my 2400+ when i get my new sp-97

||Console|| said:
yea but it is more like 2.7 ghz on air
that wut i expect to hit with my 2400+ when i get my new sp-97

What are your current temps with that overclock?

I have one of the 2600 mobiles stepping 0401 MPMW and am currently running at 2606 Mhz at 1.68V
Awesome overclocker.

I have a 0352 IQYHA and am at 230*11 right now or 2530 Mhz. I'm aiming a high fsb right now though and I'll change the mult. later. I'd go for the 2600. Ultimately, you'll be happier, higher fsb, higher clock speed. And, it's a new chip so you can explore limits that others are trying to reach instead of trying to reach limits that have been found all ready in the 24 and 2500's. It's exciting to have a new chip and to push it to it's unseen limits.

How important is the stepping on the 2600 mobile? ExcaliberPC has guarenteed "I" stepping but it is quite a bit more expensive than the 2600 at Newegg.

Well, for example. Go to overclockers.com and check out the 24-2500's and look at the steppings. If you look at the realistic cpu clocks, they are almost always IQYHA stepping, but some AQ steppings reach high too. NewEgg does sell the I steppings, but it is very random and by paying 10 extra bucks, you're guaranteed a great overclocker. Spend the money, you won't regret it.

Hopefully with the 2600-M IQYHA 0401MPMW I will be able to get 2.5-2.7 GHz with my PC3200EB on a NF7-S V2.0. It will be cooled with a SP-97 w/ Panaflo 92mm H1B.

I bet that you'll reach it easily. You've got some great ram for overclocking there, and the I'm going to be getting that hs pretty soon, and you can be pretty sure that cpu temps won't be a problem for you for quite a while.
BTW, put your system in your sig, even if you're not overclocked, it helps people figure out problems or recommend things better than if it is blank.

the 2600+ is definatly the one to shoot for those IQYHA MPMWs are the best overclockers around

enduro said:
I bet that you'll reach it easily. You've got some great ram for overclocking there, and the I'm going to be getting that hs pretty soon, and you can be pretty sure that cpu temps won't be a problem for you for quite a while.
BTW, put your system in your sig, even if you're not overclocked, it helps people figure out problems or recommend things better than if it is blank.

Thanks for the input but my current rig is not worthy of sig space. Whenever I get my all my new components I will sure put it there.

I JUST got that same mobile 2600 from excalaberpc and it is 19hour prime95 stable at 210x12 = 2520mhz on 1.7v. It's a good cpu and I only got it 'cause I read other posts of people buying the same guarunteed stepping cpu from that same place with similar results. It should work great!

Back