• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aspire 520w 12v triple fan vs ..........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bandit390

Aspire 520w is around $55. My other two options are antec 550w "true550" and forton 550w. They are around $100

My question is; are the antec and forton really worth almost double the price of the aspire?

Get the Fortron FSP 530. It's $75 or so at Newegg. It's a great PSU, and a lot of people use it. And yes, it is worth it to spend more on a quality PSU. I saw 2 systems in the same week come into my local computer store with PSUs that burned and took out everything in the comps. Ever since then, I've only wanted to use quality brand PSUs.

bandit390 said:
My question is; are the antec and forton really worth almost double the price of the aspire?

Yep, and I second the recommendation for the 530w - it's more suited to a desktop system (the 550w is an EPS model for multiple CPU servers).

Back