• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

farcry/painkiller jaggies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BackBreaker

Disabled
WIth my system (radeon 9700 pro, 512 ram, and a xp 3000+) I'm getting pretty crappy graphics on both of those games with jaggies on edges no matter how much I turn aa + af on. On the other hand games like battlefield 1942, ut2004, quake 3, etc. run real well graphicaly. What gives?

BackBreaker said:
WIth my system (radeon 9700 pro, 512 ram, and a xp 3000+) I'm getting pretty crappy graphics on both of those games with jaggies on edges no matter how much I turn aa + af on. On the other hand games like battlefield 1942, ut2004, quake 3, etc. run real well graphicaly. What gives?

in far cry try forcing on the aa/af... in control panel..

I did put it in control panel (It is the demo by the way). Resolution was 1024x768 or 1152x864 it wont let me get any higher.

well this could be the reason for farcry demo?

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4465.html

I found out what was causing jaggies in painkiller was because everytime I changed video settings the game would reset aa and af to off, so I had to go to control panel every time and than enter game without touching any settings for aa and af to be on.

Last edited:
BackBreaker said:
well this could be the reason for farcry demo?

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4465.html

I found out what was causing jaggies in painkiller was because everytime I changed video settings the game would reset aa and af to off, so I had to go to control panel every time and than enter game without touching any settings for aa and af to be on.

only if you are running under 4.4 cats...which I doubt...4.7s very good...

i had a problem a while back with a 9700 that when i enabled aa or af it would say it was on in the drivers but it wasn't ingame it took a format and reinstallation of drivers to make it work

Back