• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz guys suggest me a nice vga card to by!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DjLouis

Registered
I have an athlon xp3200@2300 and 1gb ram 2-2-3-5 can som1 tell me what card to by?
1)X800 viv0
2)6800 or 9800xt

All i want is to be able to play the future games of 2005 like doom half life ,i am having a 19 incth monitor so i want to use the 1280x1024..
i can find here in greece the leadtek 6800 for 400euro .
And a last question which card should i prefer sapphire or msi for x800 no vivo.

Doom 3 will run best on an NVidia card while Half Life 2 is supposed to be ATI's baby. Depends which game you are going to be the most hardcore about. I'm running a Sapphire X800Pro DVI card and I think it's going to work fine on all the games for the foreseeable future considering the rest of my computer specs. Personally I don't think you'd go wrong with any of the new generation cards. Just stick with built by ATI or a considerably good brand name card if you go with the X800 Series.
By the way, don't get a 9800XT unless it's extremely cheap. They don't compare to the X800's or the 6800's and they run hotter then you know what.

Really you can't go wrong this generation. Both the 6800's and the X800 series from ati perform very nicely and very evenly when compared against each other. Don't let the d3 benchmark fiasco discourage your purchase descision as ati will kick it in gear and get out a new opengl driver. If you do go ati I would get the msi as I've always been impressed with the cards that I've owned from them.

Back