• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a difference between the Panaflo FBA12G12M and FBA12G12M1A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Black_Paladin

I actually have 2 questions:

1-This is the question I have in the title. I see some websites and people talk about the Panaflo FBA12G12M1As and some people about the FBA12G12Ms but these 2 never exist together in one thread and I am *assuming* they are the same thing but we all know what assuming does so I am asking to check if there is a difference between these 2?

I have a Panaflo that says "FBA12G12M" on it and I have never seen a picture of one that says "FBA12G12M1A" but that doesn't mean they are the same thing.

2-Second question I have is whether anyone can confirm or deny if the Panaflos that are made in China are louder or not and how would I go about finding a Panaflo that is not made in China (which would mean that they are made in Japan instead??). I have seen a couple threads where people said that the Panaflos that are made in China are worse quality but I have not seen or heard anyone put a Panaflo made in China and another Panaflo made somewhere else right next to each other (again, made in Japan I am assuming) and compare the 2. In addition, most of the pictures that I see of Panaflos on places like Sidewinder computers show "Made in China" but I have been wondering if the pictures they put on their website always match with the products they carry.

The Panaflo I have says Made in China.

I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. "M1A" is the older designation of the "12M" They are both the panaflo 120mm medium-speed fan (great fans BTW, they run nearly silent at 7V and push a ton of air at 12).

Cyberwiz01 said:
I'm pretty sure they are the same thing. "M1A" is the older designation of the "12M" They are both the panaflo 120mm medium-speed fan (great fans BTW, they run nearly silent at 7V and push a ton of air at 12).

Ah, cool! That part is covered then. Good to know. Still wondering about the deal with the Chineese panaflos though. Taking the recommendation from Hazmat, I will make this same thread in the main cooling section as well and see if anyone cares to drop in. :)

Back