• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vents and Exaust fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smiley

Registered
Will vents on the Case side panels help cool the system temp? Also does anybody know if the enermax whysperis Blue case exaust fan is any good? Or is the vantec air circulater better?

Da Whip said:
I beg to differ on having vents. The more holes you have, the more dust you suck in. Unless the holes are sucking/blowing air., they are a waste.
If you are looking for decent case fans, try Sunon or Panaflos 80mm or 92mm.

definatly, vents are pointless, plus why cut a hole in your case unless you are gonna slap a fan or window in it, you case will look like a fuzzy carpet after a while, i would try Sunon faon, anything 92mm or above moves a good amount of air at a reasonable volume

KeyboardCowboy said:

definatly, vents are pointless, plus why cut a hole in your case unless you are gonna slap a fan or window in it, you case will look like a fuzzy carpet after a while, i would try Sunon faon, anything 92mm or above moves a good amount of air at a reasonable volume

I see your point about the dust getting sucked in with the vents but I installed a vent so my hsf could suck cooler air than my case has and my cpu temps dropped 4c yes thats right 4c. Now when I get my full tower I will be able to bring down my case temps by simply adding more fans which will also bring down my cpu temps but I would never say vents are useless expecially when you have limited room for fans such as in my mid tower. Just my 2 cents on the subject everyone has their own opinions and this is mine.

Back