• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2site to look at showing Nvidia beating Ati

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm, the screenshots from techreport.com doesn't show that sm3.0 was enabled nor says anything about sm2.0b path. and why do both reviews use the 4.6 cats? the 4.7s are official :confused:, techreport uses 61.45 and gamepc uses the official 61.76 drivers. wonder whats up with people still using the 61.45 driver when it was never official and no 61.4X driver ever went official

FarCry 1.2 patch has significant (and well known + well documented) issues with ATI equipment, which is most of the reason why it was pulled back from CryTek.

As for Halo and one or two others, who knows?

i love reviews that use old drivers to help promote their "prefered" card..llol

ATI has and still does i beleive always pull ahead when AA and put into play - i know nvidia's AF has gotten pretty good...

Mr.Guvernment said:
i love reviews that use old drivers to help promote their "prefered" card..llol

ATI has and still does i beleive always pull ahead when AA and put into play - i know nvidia's AF has gotten pretty good...

Exactly. That's precisely why Nvidia's cards put out more FPS on Doom3 than ATI's card...and why ATI's cards pull ahead in HL2 tests.

you guys have it backwards, nvidia is better at AA, ati is better at AF

^^^ exactly - most reviews for the last year and current as soon as you turn on AA - ATI takes the lead, ALTHOUGHT nvidia has narrowed that lead alot!! with the new line of acrds which is nice to see they are lighting some fire under ATI's butt!

i hope ATI did not get too comfy in the lead and wont let NVIDIA walk over them as it seems ATi did to NVIDIA 2 years ago.

I don't think anyone could go wrong with any of the new cards this round. I currently have an overclocked watercooled X800XTPE, and I'm still strongly considering a 6800GT. What's even more funny is, I still can't convince myself to get rid of the XTPE because there are some things that I know it will perform better in :p

This is probably the best generation of video cards in MANY years, quite possibly since the good ol' TNT2 vs V5 days even?

^^^ yuppers i agree!

i am still tempted to go and get a 6800GT for my other system sitting here - usually my work computer a p4 2.4b @ 3.1 with 1g of ram and a crap 8500 64mb in it - hwy not have 2 top end gaming machines...lol

i got an x800PRO in my main gaming rig now :D

Back