• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ive played HALF-LIFE 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMean

Registered
my friend works for valve and he let me try out the game, its awsome the videos dont do it any justice, the graphics are hardcore the highest resolution is 2048x1536 (WOW!!!!) cant wait to buy the real thing, should be coming out soon, not allowed to say when though :)
jelous aint ya lot MUAHAHAH!!!

Cool!
Is it pretty buggy or it is near completetion?

BTW: Welcome to the forums Aaron!

erm its got a few bugs but thats why its not been released yet. thats what their doing is just ironing out the creases

no the full game i played
its amazing
doom 3 will be very cool aswell but i think hl2 will be better and halo 2 will be

MrMean said:
erm its got a few bugs but thats why its not been released yet. thats what their doing is just ironing out the creases

What kind of bugs?
What is the physics engine like? Is it like FarCry?

I kept running into barrels just to watch how the rolled down the stairs...

its not the physics thats got bugs, its hard to compare with far cry, far cry's physics are slightly more basic and slightly less accurate i would say. and the bugs are bits like weapons need finishing etc etc, thats why only a few were shown in videos

well it looks to me that us gamerz are in for it now!

come-on, we have the Crytek enginge
the Doom3 enginge
and the HL2 engine

now think how many games were made from the the Quake3 engine!

now double that number

now triple that number

that is the probable amount of games that will come out in the next 3yrs, that use these 3 engines!

now to you mrmean, you lucky SOB!! but it does look like it will come out soon? as in before the rapture? Man i am going to be spoiled! I will have all these cool games to play when i get my computer! i will never come out of my room, (well except to get the fedex packages that have more games/hardware, or maybe ill have him just deliver right to my room! woohoo!

aren't they gonna have some kind of source or mod for cs when hl2 comes out as well? i think hl2 will be the best this year. the emotion detail that the characters can express is simply amazing

I've "played" half life II as well.....

I have a hard time believing someone in the UK has connections to Valve...

Imperial said:
I've "played" half life II as well.....

I have a hard time believing someone in the UK has connections to Valve...

heh I was thinking the same thing. That's actually the first thing I looked at when he said he had a friend at Valve. Just have to grab a cab and Belleview, WA is a short drive from Essex. Lovely day out, isn't it?

hey maybe he flew to valve! we should be nice to others!
what is there to say that he didnt? maybe he is BSing us with his location!

whatever is true, i am still happy to hear more news about HL2!

MrMean said:
my friend works for valve and he let me try out the game, its awsome the videos dont do it any justice, the graphics are hardcore the highest resolution is 2048x1536 (WOW!!!!) cant wait to buy the real thing, should be coming out soon, not allowed to say when though :)
jelous aint ya lot MUAHAHAH!!!

Wait a minute... Proove it!
I want a screenshot... or i'm calling BS on this post :bday:

He gave me a screenshot saying "Quattro sucks c**k" or something.
So I know he is not faking, plus he lives near me.
I might pop over and take a look.
Apparently it runs very nicely even on his 9600SE.

It should be wonderful on 9800Pros and X800s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back