• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pls list yourstock load temps for 1.2 , 1.3 and 1.4 Athlons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbslow

Ok I hae my 1.2 266 athlon running default and its load temps are 44c , around 39c when I surf the web and they can get as low as 29c with cpucool.

I oced this thig to 1260 and my temps went up to 45c loaded so I went up to 1300 the temps went up to 47c. When I go higher I have to kick up the core voltage so at 1.33 my temps are like 49c when I go to 1.4 the temps climb up to 51c or alteast these are close estimates.

I just want some feadback on your stock temps for the 1.2 , 1.3 and the 1.4 athlons and fell free to list some ocing temps aswell. Oh ya please tell my if your running air (like me) or if your running a water rig.

Thanks for reading this and thanks again for your replies.

Last edited:
Athlon 1.33 Ghz idle 38 Deg C load 41 Deg C
1.33 @ 1.5 1.8v 40 Dec / 43 Deg C

I'm using a ThermalRight SK-6 with a 38cfm delta

1.2 266 @ 1.2 (9 x 133) 39C - 43C
1.2 266 @ 1.3 (9 x 145) 41C - 48C
1.2 266 @ 1.35 (9 x150) 41C - 48C

I don't use any cooling programs, and yes, thats a crappy Volcano II, but I'm worried that my temps are not being reported correctly due to the crappy placement of IWill KK266 thermistor. I'm currently trying to get better 80mm fans or 92mm fans in my case. As well as get a new HSF. Need more $$$ first!

1.2Ghz @ 1.305 Ghz (145 * 9) with cpucool runs @ 23.4 C.
i've just try taken the cpucool off, and decide to give my Hmonitor a go, and it tell me i am running @ 25.4. does this program have same function as the cpu cool?

1.2 Ghz AXIA , Globalwin CAK38 but using AMD retail fan

@1450, 1.85 volt 55C load, 49C idle, not stable crashes after 10 minutes of Quake3

@1378, 1.825 volts, 52C load, 45C idle, very stable, it's what I always run it at. (9.5x145) CAS2/4-way/Turbo

@1200, 1.75 volts, 48C load, 42C idle

@1000, 1.70volts, 45C load, 38C idle

@0 , turned off, umm.. probably 25C/room temp

jbslow said:
Ok I hae my 1.2 266 athlon running default and its load temps are 44c , around 39c when I surf the web and they can get as low as 29c with cpucool.

I oced this thig to 1260 and my temps went up to 45c loaded so I went up to 1300 the temps went up to 47c. When I go higher I have to kick up the core voltage so at 1.33 my temps are like 49c when I go to 1.4 the temps climb up to 51c or alteast these are close estimates.

Update:

I took of my sk6 and I noticed there was a little seem running down the center and there was a few scuff mark right about where the chip rested on the hs. So I went to the freindly neighborhood suto parts store and picked up some 2000 grit sandpaper. Then I got a bucket of water and procceded to do a little wet sanding until the seem was no longer visable then I ran over it a few more time for the heck of it.

Well its been almost one day since the reapplication of AS2 so I'm guessing the temps will drop even further but as of right now my temps are 42c as apposed to 44c before lapping at full load running my [email protected]. Well I'm now also running my 1.2 @ 1.3 (145x9.0) and when I play games the temps now only go up to 44c but when I run 3dmark 200 10 or more time in a loop the temps peak out at 45c. Ofcource I have yet to see those temps when I use hotcpu or play any of my games so I guess for all intesive purposes my load temps @1.3 are 44c.

I have an 1.2Ghz Tbird (200) @1365 (10.5x130) @Default Vcore
running @41C idle & 46C max
(i put some tape between the gap of my HS and fan and it lowered my temp by 2C - 3C)

o/c beginner

What kind of hs are you using , and what kind of tape did you use?

@o/c beginner
that tape couldn't have helped, you must have just put the thermal compound incorrectly, or may I assume you didn't even apply any?

train22 said:
@o/c beginner
that tape couldn't have helped, you must have just put the thermal compound incorrectly, or may I assume you didn't even apply any?

I did apply some A/S II and i'm pretty sure that i applied it on correctly
ok yea anybody know any good cpu cooling programs, that u think is effective??

jbslow said:

I just want some feadback on your stock temps for the 1.2 , 1.3 and the 1.4 athlons and fell free to list some ocing temps aswell. Oh ya please tell my if your running air (like me) or if your running a water rig.

Thanks for reading this and thanks again for your replies.

I have a T-bird 1.4 running at 1.55. With CPUcool:

While surfing: 27C, running Word, Photoshop and Seti: 29C. I am running on air.

Alex99 said:
Yeah right! 29C on load. What are you cooling it with? Liquid nitrogen?

Funny. I wrote a reply, but can't find it. Anyway, no, I run on air, but have modified the air stream in the cabinet. By using a ventilation hose, lead the air from outside directly through the cooling ribs on the CPU. I have cut a hole in the cabinet for air intake to accomplish this. In other words the air that is sucked into the cabinet by the CPU fan, the PSU fan and an extra exhaust fant, is forced through the cooling ribs. And this works. :)

Please post some pics , I'm not really grasping what your saying here infidel.

Back