• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 GT Stepup eVGA Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L>MS

As some of you know, I am in the process of stepping up to a 6800 GT. Looked like it was going to go off without a hitch, had given them my credit card info and was billed for the part of the card not covered by the 6800. Of course this has now led to a problem that might force me to become very, very ****y with them.

For whatever possess them even though they bill your credit card they do not actually process your order or record it until they get the card. When I ordered the card the ship date was 8/2 now because they are morons and don't have a system in place to hold my card it apparently will not be shipping it until 8/10. This of course is completely unacceptable. Especially considering I did 2 day express both ways so that I could have the card by the time I got my copy of Doom3.

I am currently in the process of harassing them until they a.) ship the card when it should, 8/2 because I paid them for my part long before they updated the shipping time (sometime after 5:00 p.m. CDST) b.) give me a full friggin refund on both the 6800 and the stepup to the GT. At which point I will buy a GT from a competitor (most likely BFG).

I would be wary of using their stepup programs on these popular cards, it may have been stupid of me to do so, but the fact of the matter is I thought they would fill the order when I gave them the 100 bucks for the stepup. If they refuse either a. or b. I will make sure that no one I know, or have access to in the future buys from them just out of spite.

Just wanted to warn people about this, seems stupid to me not to record the purchase or hold the card they plan to stepup to for them, since they already gave you money. ARGGGG!!!!!11111two

I'm having a problem participating in the Step-Up as well. I sent in my 5900se for replacement. They've got my money. This was 2 weeks ago and it's not shipping until Monday.

When I ordered it it was in stock and that they had one to trade me. So I shipped mine to them FedEx 2 day.. three days after they receive it they call me and tell me that they don't have any in stock for the Step-Up people and that I have to wait for the next shipment.

So I've just been sitting on a gimpy arse computer for the past 2 weeks because they can't get their crap straight.

So yah what he said, be wary.

To be honest, I am upset with Evga myself. I pre-ordered my card Monday at 2 PM eastern time and I decided I didnt want to wait for it and I sent an email cancelling it 3 hours later. So I called them up yesterday (tuesday) and I asked the person in sales what to do and what the status was. Not only was she hardly speaking tolerable english, but her instructions were of a syntax unknown to me! usually people who speak to international customers should know decent English in my opinion. So I called up today, 48 hours later, and I got someone who spoke English. He found my email with no problem but for some reason the person on the phone in the SALE DEPARMENT cannot cancel a simple preorder. So now I have to wait longer for a simple pre-order cancellation. I am kinda glad I did not go with Evga to tell you the truth. Long live XFX!

Back