Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Computer freezing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 07-30-04, 02:42 PM Thread Starter   #1
rcillig

Computer freezing

Ok no and then my pc will lock up.... sometimes when Im playing games online other times when Im runnin a p2p program or Bittorent program, but usually after 2-3 hrs of it running. How can I figure out why this is happing ?I was told by a friend to use the event logger, but I dont know what that is or how to use it. In my device manager all my drivers are listed as installed.

Corsair HX850
PCI'E Sapphire HD 6990, Asus Xonar DX2
OCZ Vertex 3 120gig SSD(OS Installed) - 1TB Seagate(storage) - 250gig WD (Storage) - 3TB Hitachi(Storage External)

Heatware ID
HAF 932 Build 2010
rcillig is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-30-04, 02:52 PM   #2
turd

10 Year Badge

Looking at you specs it seems that you know what you are doing about cooling, but a couple questions

Do you use a firewall

Are you monitoring your temps

Are you OC'ed

You can get to your event log a couple ways but I like to recommend this way so you can see other options.

Rclickmycomputer click on manage|event viewer then check your system and application logs.
turd is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-30-04, 03:33 PM Thread Starter   #3
rcillig

firewall just windows Sp2 one

yes I monitor my temps averages about 40 normal and 45-48 under a load

as for OCed check my sig out....

Corsair HX850
OCZ Vertex 3 120gig SSD(OS Installed) - 1TB Seagate(storage) - 250gig WD (Storage) - 3TB Hitachi(Storage External)

Heatware ID
HAF 932 Build 2010
Old 07-30-04, 04:18 PM   #4
turd

10 Year Badge

Yea now see that, heat comes to mind of course but I doubt bit torent or your P2P heats up the proc that much. I have know some firewalls to lock up computers when the programs running cant handle the hooks. It does seem that all three issues do involve networking actions. I guess they all could stress your drive, depending if you are doing some heavy DL or running some big maps, as well as your memory , which could be related to your OC. You could run like zone alarm and configure it to for those programs or even try a little while without. And I guess you could tone down the OC and lower the voltage on the mem and see. Looking at your specs I would guess youve already pretty much tried to figure this out a bit and realize that its not that easy a thing to TS. But I really dont know, sorry I cant be of more help.
turd is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-30-04, 04:29 PM Thread Starter   #5
rcillig

yes it seem that it only happens when my network is active since I got 2 lans on this baord ill try the other one.

I ran memtest on my ram last weekend for 24hrs and got no errors.

Corsair HX850

Heatware ID
HAF 932 Build 2010

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.