• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG Technologies 6800GT, misleading card name?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acrobatikdan

Registered
BFG Technologies 6800GT, misleading card description?

I am planning on getting a x800 pro or a 6800GT. Next week I am going to be in Flordia, where my Grandfather lives, and he happens to be very generous so I'm thinking I might end up paying maybe half of it, or 3/4, whatever I may just end up paying less for it :p. So I would like to buy in in Flordia. Every x800pro/6800GT is sold out, except for "BFG Technologies GeForce 6800 GT OC"(well on the website it is anyway). I checked the local store availibility for the zipcode there, and it is availible in quite a few stores in that area(or so it says...). But looking at the description it says it is an overclocked graphics card? What is that supposed to mean? It comes overclocked? It is great for overclocking? I have never ehard of the manufacturer either. So I guess what I am looking for is someone who has had this card, or any idea as to what "This overclocked graphics card " means?
Thanks for any help.

edit: I see the title of the thread is kind of crappy, sorry bout that.
edit2: Did a little research.. so it comes overclocked out of the box... is that necessarily a good thing?

Last edited:
Its overclocked to 370, but judging by the cooling in the picture you could push 400mhz on the core.

how can you go wrong, a oced video card with a warranty D:, i havent heard of anything bad about these though so it would be a nice buy considering the benchmarks from hard ocp

OCing isnt a prob with them, some OC a lot, some OC a little....kinda like winning the lotto :p, but what the OC ready means its OC standard out of the box an extra 20mhz, so instead of being 350...its 370... but itll still go higher np. good luck

The BFG 6800 looks like a pretty good card to me. The x800's are rather difficult to find & the GT is a solid card. It performed quite well in the Doom III Benchmark.

The company BFG stands by thier product great! The support number if you ever have to call will be answered fast 24/7, and they will do this as long as you own the card (true lifetime support). I would recommend them. Plus the lil addition of it bieng overclocked means they have us enthusiests in mind.

Enablingwolf said:
The company BFG stands by thier product great! The support number if you ever have to call will be answered fast 24/7, and they will do this as long as you own the card (true lifetime support). I would recommend them. Plus the lil addition of it bieng overclocked means they have us enthusiests in mind.

A perfect quote for a perfect brand.... :p

I think the emphasis was on the manufacturer (BFG) and that they sell "an overclocked card". Not so much as, "how's this Nvidia card", but I can't speak for him/her :)

Back