• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it bad to have put a 1 to 4 ratio of water wetter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Azbok

Registered
Hey, I just got a case from Danger Den, and like it didn't seem to come with directions on filling or anything like that, I kind of figured out how to fill it but I accidentally put 1 part water wetter for every 4 parts distilled water. I really don't feel like ordering more water wetter and waiting and all that to completely drain the system (not really at home right now, kind of on a road trip and I'd like to have my computer for some LAN stuff.) How bad is it to run the system the way it is?

You will get very bad temps with that much water wetter, not to mention foaming when you turn it on. Between 1 and 2 percent is enough for most systems.

Just drain your system into a clean emply gallon jug and then add back enough of the drained fluid with distilled water to make a 25:1 ratio (water to solution). You should be able to do this on the road; just make sure the jug has a cap.

And by the way...this is my 500th post! :D Thanks for the opportunity, I hope this helps.

Last edited:
You can do it on the road but I wouldn't recommend doing it in the car. Water water stains. I would get a large bowl instead of a jug as it's much harder to spill around the edges. After that, either use a large soup spoon or large kitchen eyedropper and pour it in the system.

you'll be fine, your temps might be up by a few degrees, but it'll work fine until you can fix it.

Yea that's way too much. I added enough to get a ph of 8.7 (I think it was 8.7) and I used litmus paper to verify the pH. Read the front page guides on water cooling...you will find the correct ph and ratios there

Temps will be a bit higher than they need to be but it shouldn't be too much of a problem, as long as the foaming subsides.

I would suggest thinning the water wetter out as soon as you can though: better temps, if nothing else. ;)

K thanks for all the replies :), I figured it would just increase my temps, and I'm at this guys house at like a mini lan party and everyone's like "Dude did you fill your resivoir with palm olive?" It's all pink and bubbly heh, I think I'll just run it like this till I can get the case home, then I'll undo my motherboard and drain the system and stuff. I'd do it here but I don't have any distilled water, my friends drank it all, and like I had to fill my resevoir up with a measuring cup, was very annoying.

Ug, yes. The stuff left a white film on my tubing, then when I added blue UV dye it soaked it up, so now I have light blue tubes that don't glow under UV/Blacklight. :|

Back