• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ethics of selling clocked cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clamato

I was looking to sell my ATI 9800pro card and went to ebay to get a general estimate of what the selling price would most likely end up to be. I did the search under 9800pro when my brother pointed out to me that my card was in fact a 9800np, just flashed to a 9800pro.

The problem is that I explicitly purchased the card because I knew it was one that could be flashed. It has Samsung RA-G2CA which is rated to 350 mhz. When I bought it, it was running at a stock of somewhere around 320/290. Pre flash it capped at 380(I think)/335, post flash the clockrate I run it at is 410/370 under an artic silencer, about 5/5 mhz under the max stable. I've run it at that speed for the last 3-4 months.

Should I be advertising it as a 9800np or 9800pro? I most likely will be selling it on Ebay so a lot would depend on the title. I am thinking of posting it as a 9800pro in the title but in the description I will point out it's history.

I would post what it originally was. Then in the description say that it was succesfully flashed etc. People will pay good money for good overclocking cpus are video cards. You took a gamble, yes the memory on the card had a history of being a good ocer, but it wasn't set in stone.

dicecca112 said:
I would post what it originally was. Then in the description say that it was succesfully flashed etc. People will pay good money for good overclocking cpus are video cards. You took a gamble, yes the memory on the card had a history of being a good ocer, but it wasn't set in stone.

Agreed!. Tell them is was a 9800np that was flashed to a 9800pro.

theELVISCERATOR said:
put yourself in the buyers shoes and what is your own answer?

same as the above answers...list it for what it truly is.

better yet, why on ebay?
put it in the classifides here in OCforums...you'll get a buyer quick if the price is right.

mica

micamica1217 said:
same as the above answers...list it for what it truly is.

better yet, why on ebay?
put it in the classifides here in OCforums...you'll get a buyer quick if the price is right.

mica

I would but I'm way too much of a lurker to make the 100 minimum for classifieds. I actually don't post much in any of the forums I read so my trading is a bit limited in that way elsewhere also, thus ebay.

Clamato said:
I was looking to sell my ATI 9800pro card and went to ebay to get a general estimate of what the selling price would most likely end up to be. I did the search under 9800pro when my brother pointed out to me that my card was in fact a 9800np, just flashed to a 9800pro.

The problem is that I explicitly purchased the card because I knew it was one that could be flashed. It has Samsung RA-G2CA which is rated to 350 mhz. When I bought it, it was running at a stock of somewhere around 320/290. Pre flash it capped at 380(I think)/335, post flash the clockrate I run it at is 410/370 under an artic silencer, about 5/5 mhz under the max stable. I've run it at that speed for the last 3-4 months.

Should I be advertising it as a 9800np or 9800pro? I most likely will be selling it on Ebay so a lot would depend on the title. I am thinking of posting it as a 9800pro in the title but in the description I will point out it's history.

I can tell you one thing, If you post it as a Pro on Ebay and I find out about it, You will never trade here even if you have 100 million posts.

Be honest, and perhaps someone will pay a premium for your non Pro than runs as a Pro.

In Fact to sweeten the offer, send me a link to your accurately described auction and I'll set your post count from 2, to 20 :attn:

Honesty is always the best policy, and if your honest you'll be rewarded.

Silversinksam said:
In Fact to sweeten the offer, send me a link to your accurately described auction and I'll set your post count from 2, to 20 :attn:

off topic// u could do that to mine but to 4,000 or make me a senior member if u like lol im always honest :D

Back