• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I messed up help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

Somw how I found a web site that had some windows tweaks on it, so I did them now my system is all messed up.

I changed some windows services, turned them off(disable)now I cant turn them back on.... to auto or manual.

Cant run system restore even though its on, keep gettin a message to reboot but get same message after reboot.

Is there a way to trun all the windows services back to the way they were when I first installed windows. Or is there a program that I can use to turn services back on with ?

please help me.

The easiest way to reset all your services back to default would be to download and merge the "Default Windows XP Services Configuration" Registry file from Black Viper's site here...

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/registry.htm

DefaultProAllstart.zip for the XP Pro file, and DefaultHomeAllstart.zip for the XP Home file. Make sure to disable the "Messenger" service after resetting the services back to their defaults, and to reboot afterwards.

Back