• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chenbro Gaming Bomb II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csrx

Registered
I did a search for this case but didn't find anything. Here is the link:

http://www.envynews.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6554&st=0

I am going to return my super lanboy because it's not a good fit for the xp-120. I wanted an aluminum case with 120mm thats not $200 (lian-li). I have no experience with chenbro but love all the features listed for this new case. I don't like that the intake is kind of covered.

Can i get any feedback on chenbros reputation with their past cases. What do you guys think, suggestions?

Hmmm, why don't you mod your own case? A 120mm hole is the size of a CD. The best part about modding a case is that it'll be unique and not 2 ppl have the same case ;) . You also save money.

Really cool looking case...I bought one for myself to check it out and built several box's using the GameBomb's for clients.

Not the best case for a serious overclocker the way it sits...Like any other case you can mod it yourself.

I just like the way they look...Everybody that saw that box really like it...92 up front 120 in the back...Washable filter...The only time I busted out the screw driver was for the motherboard and front fan if I remember correctly...Couple of funky things about it...I hate the snap in clips for the motherboard...Once you screw into them they really dont like to be removed...The snap in drive rails are a nightmare to get off without breaking them...And the tooless pci card retainers do not hold the pci cards very tight.

All in all they are pretty decent cases...And for the money I consider them awesome cases.

Nebolous,
I hear you about modding my own case, but its something i really dont want to get into. Don't want to buy dremels nor find the time to invest in modding. I want something to work well stock. Uniqueness is good, but I'm not into "lan parties" ( i actually dont even know what that means, i told my girlfriend about it and all she said was "loosers" lol). I want the case to look good in the computer room.

Hookem,
This new Gaming Bomb II is supposed to be targeted to overclockers. It's 99% aluminum, 2x120mm fans, one 92mm, very nice exteriror looks, side window, cable management. I just found out it's supposed to ship towards the end of August. It will compete with coolermaster and lian-li's top of the line boxes, so it will retail for around $200.

Thanks for the input guys! Alot of people must not like this new case (or not like chenbro?), since I've only gotten 2 responses.

Last edited:
That just aint right...csrx

If you are going to talk about it...

You need to Link us to it so we can check it out...

Sounds good to me...An updated, aluminum GameBomb...

Missed all that reading your first post

Time to go to Chenbro and check it out... :sn:

csrx,

Actually, I think it's quite a handsome looking case, but..

I have yet to find a new case that fits my definition of "well cooled", so I'm resigned to doing it myself.
This case appears to have a good foundation on which to begin though.

If you are not a LANboy then the handles and aluminum construction are irrelevant to you, aren't they?

If you like the looks and have the cash ( whatever that may be) then by all means, go for it.

Let us know how you like it.

i second clocker2's claim. and LAN parties are "Local Area Network" parties where you play games against each other and swap files. your girlfriend maybe right to an extent but you dont say that LAN parties are for losers around here. thats like going to a chinese restaurant and calling someone a chinQ.

LOL, dont take it personal myPCAlexi. =) Don't kill the messenger, those were her words, not mine. I told her i posted her remarks online and she was just laughing.

I always wanted to post "what is a lan party?" But thought I would be hit with "get out of here you noob!" lol. I deduced that it involved networks and people getting together, something like an ipod party i guess.

MyPCAlexi said:
i second clocker2's claim. and LAN parties are "Local Area Network" parties where you play games against each other and swap files. your girlfriend maybe right to an extent but you dont say that LAN parties are for losers around here. thats like going to a chinese restaurant and calling someone a chinQ.

clocker2,
Thanks for your comments, i was beginning to think that I was the only one that found it attractive. I have been looking for a well-rounded case (good looks, cooling, lite, etc) and haven't been successful.

What's ironic is that I am not a Lanboy, yet I own a super lanboy! I bought it to have something on the meantime, but it's about to go back to the store. I can hardly fit my xp-120 in it.

The handles are irrelevant, correct. The aluminum construction, hmmmm...after going from a steel case to the super lanboy, i'd never go back to steel. I dont move the case around alot, but it feels so light, its too good.

If the aluminum gamebomb was already available, i'd be reporting back with a review, unfortunately, i have to wait a month. We'll see if i can wait that long.

clocker2 said:
csrx,
Actually, I think it's quite a handsome looking case, but..
I have yet to find a new case that fits my definition of "well cooled", so I'm resigned to doing it myself.
This case appears to have a good foundation on which to begin though.
If you are not a LANboy then the handles and aluminum construction are irrelevant to you, aren't they?
If you like the looks and have the cash ( whatever that may be) then by all means, go for it.
Let us know how you like it.

I've had only one all aluminum case (Xaser), but I've looked at several others and the biggest problem that I've seen is the flimsy construction.
With the exception of the WaveMaster ( which I liked alot) the other cases simply substituted alum. for steel and that doesn't seem to work very well.

Personally, I'm a fan of the big, old, steel cases, but if I had a spare $200 I'd at least look at some of the nicer, new cases.

I dont know about you guys...But it looks like there is a new Sheriff in town.

Looks kinda like a G4 case...I am building a new box for myself and had decided on the Lian-Li PC-75USB B over the Coolermaster Stacker.

Now it looks like I am going to have to wait until I can see this Chenbro.

Nothing on Chebro's site abou this case...GRRRR!!!!!

Props for csrx...Nice find.

i caught this link from the alum case thread, and i must say i love this case. my ideal case (realistically speaking) right now has
-120 front and back
-all aluminum
-sweet looking

this case meets all 3 and meets my last requirement better than any others. but if it costs >$130 im afraid i cant get too excited over it.

Yes it does. The removable motherboard tray has been confirmed by team chenbro.

You'll have to search for the link via google, since the only real info on the main Chenbro site is a hard-to-find press release. Their forums has the most info. Despite the fact that the case would just barely fit within my space constraints, I still want one :rolleyes:

If you really needed a case now, all the Lian-Li cases [without the multiple pull-out 'stacker-like' hdd cages] can be modded to take a 120mm in front, but would require lots of work to fit a 120mm in back - its possible though. What I like about Lian-Li's is that they were designed with the structual properties of aluminum in mind, so they are very sturdy.

I am going to get one just to check it out...Really dont understand how they can price it up there with the Lian-Li PC-75USB...But hey it is their company...Just sounds like too much money...If you start comparing the Coolermaster Stacker...The Thermaltake Tsumani...Lain-Li's...Bang for the Buck it certainly does not have.

Just my humble opinion of course.

Last edited:
Back