• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a 9600XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccox513

HI, I'm a newb to overclocking. I just upgraded my gf's PC and put a 9600XT inside. Can somebody please give me a link that has step by step instructions on how to overclock this card?

Thanks

Really its the same for all Videocards. Raise the memory with RadLinker, check for Artifacts. Raise the core, check for artifacts.
The 9600xts are good Overclocking cards b/c they have such high Speeds. As you can see mine is at 570 from 500 stock. Memory on the other hand is only at 330 from 300 stock.

WeLcOmE tO tHe FoRuMs

Ok, two questions then....

1.) What is "Radlinker"?
2.) What do you mean by "check for artifacts"?

Thanks

Last edited:
Radlinker is a device to raise and lower your core speeds and also your memory speeds. I prefer AtiTool to do these things tho, as because they check for artifacts automatically. Now onto your second question, an artifact is a tear or possibly a white dot where it shouldnt be. For example if your using Radlinker, and you move up your core or memory to high and load a game or something graphical intense you would see either black tears or white random dots throughout the screen. Dont be to scared when you first see the tears or white dots, because everyone gets scared the first time heh, expecially me, but as soon as you do, just exit the program, and drop your core or memory down a little bit.

please feel free to add anything i missed, that was my first helping tutorial lol.

hey guys, i've been trying to oc my 9600xt, and the MAX i can get it is 520/312, it didn't do the dot thing, but the whole screen went all blurry with red/blue/green colours. reading your description of artifacts, it doesn't seem that i get artifacts. Any idea what this stuff is?
btw agent_mull, are you using any extra cooling (e.g. vga silencer)?

Nope, im using stock BBA heatsink. The colors and stuff are annother form of artifacts. artifacts = stuff that shouldnt be there.
ATI tool can be good for finding your max core and mem, but i perfer rad linker b/c it runs in your videocard menu and automaticaly overclocks when you start your computer. Also for drivers, try omegas. www.omegacorner.com. most everyone uses them b/c they are modified Catalysts that are made for overclocking.

Back