• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about sandra reading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

900 celly

I just got sandra benchmark and when I check out the cpu info it tells me that my cpus rated speed/fsb is 600/67.

That is fine and dandy, but I just bought what I thought was a celeron 900! What is the deal with that?

Also at the very bottom it says....Warning, cpu speed higher than rated speed, reduce cpu speed.

Is the cpu temperture reliable in this sandra program? What about the one in the bios? Which one is better for me to use?

Thanks, Matt

Hi 900 celly, wellcome to the Forum,
I suppose that is a Sandra mistake that doesn't know the Celeron 900, try with an upgrade.
About the temp question, well, the Bios value is better than the Sandra reports, I suggest you MotherBoardMonitor that you found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ is a must ;)

I hope it helps you.

Hopefully Sandra is just mistaken, but, Sounds like you got a remarked chip!! A 600 celly cranked from 66mhz FSB to 100mhz is a 900 mhz part, exaclty the same just cheaper. Look carefully at the sticker on the chip to be sure. If you bought it retail, you might be able to get this taken care of, but otherwise go beat up whoever sold it to you! :D!

But first, get the newest Sandra version to be sure it isn't just a mistake.

I have the 800 cleron that posts the same with Sandra. I think that the Sandra program was most likely written before the new 100fsb celerons were made. Mine is a retail chip and it posts the same as yours with sandra. I am not worried though since my bios recognizes it as the 800

I would doubt that you have a remarked chip. If you bought the motherboard and chip seperate it is impossible to get a remarked chip. You can't change the bus speed on a chip on it's own. You have to do it at the motherboard.

So if you just picked that thing up at a store and put it in an already owned motherboard, you can't have a remarked chip.

Sandra is just not upto specs when it comes to the latest CPU's. It syas my Celeron (cCO) 800 has a rated speed of 533/66. A few lines below she identifies the Model as: P6C (Coppermine128) Celeron 533-766 1.3-1.6v (...) In fact the model family has extended by now to 533-900 66/100 1.3-1.75v so don't worry; you don't have a remarked CPU, they only need to tell that to Sandra, lol!

Back