• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom III Specs Unleashed! How will your system hold up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, their saying to buy the game even if you got a Geforce 4MX lol

I gurantee HARD that my 9200se wont play it, i cant even play 2 minutes of farcry without freezing EDIT: damn even at low settings this game still looks amazing, i think what im gonna do is play as far as i can with my 9200se and if i beat it before i have enough to upgrade(~50 more or so for 6800GT) then ill play it over again with extreme graphics :attn:

Last edited:
I'm really hoping that my 2 Dell systems will run Doom 3. Requirements are 1.5GHz and 512MB, but I hope that 1GHz and 384MB will be OK since I have good video cards on them. They both play UT2004 just fine at max settings in 1024x768. So maybe 640x480 will be OK. What do you guys think? It would only be for multiplayer over a LAN.

electromagnetic said:
I'm really hoping that my 2 Dell systems will run Doom 3. Requirements are 1.5GHz and 512MB, but I hope that 1GHz and 384MB will be OK since I have good video cards on them. They both play UT2004 just fine at max settings in 1024x768. So maybe 640x480 will be OK. What do you guys think? It would only be for multiplayer over a LAN.

you dont know till you try but you will be running 640 low details....and prob gonna be choppy..

i am gona drop 500-600 canadian at the end of AUG...
must play in high rez...
9800 is crap

tylerhskate said:
I gurantee HARD that my 9200se wont play it, i cant even play 2 minutes of farcry without freezing EDIT: damn even at low settings this game still looks amazing, i think what im gonna do is play as far as i can with my 9200se and if i beat it before i have enough to upgrade(~50 more or so for 6800GT) then ill play it over again with extreme graphics :attn:

nah I'm sorry for u man but that card will NOT run Doom 3 good. My 9200se can't even run quake 3 in 640x480 at a constant framerate, it may even drop to 20 in same cases. I think if u really wanna play and don't want to spend much get a Ti4200 or something. My Ti500 will run it though.

Yea, he said that card won't run it ;)
I gurantee HARD that my 9200se wont play it

I think this thread (or similar with the [H] Benchies) is in every single forum lol

Talk about a comprehensive review. I am amazed at what a performance increase the X800 offers over the 9800. What a leap in technology.

tylerhskate said:
Im getting a 6800GT when i get 50 more bucks
that card is looking very tempting....

Just cant wait to play all the mods/games made from the DOOM 3 engine....
I think i am really starting to like computers again :)

I will be playing with the following system;

Cpu: Pentium4 2.4A(Prescott)@3ghz
Mobo: Aopen AX4 SPE-UN (865 chipset)
Video: Radeon 9700pro
Sound: Audigy 2
Memory: 1gig GTX PC-2700
HDD: Seagate 80gig SATA
DVD: Lite-on
PSU: StarTech 450 pro

Any comments on how well it will do? Hard OCP's systems didn't really cover most of what I have for hardware.

Preachr46 said:
I will be playing with the following system;

Cpu: Pentium4 2.4A(Prescott)@3ghz
Mobo: Aopen AX4 SPE-UN (865 chipset)
Video: Radeon 9700pro
Sound: Audigy 2
Memory: 1gig GTX PC-2700
HDD: Seagate 80gig SATA
DVD: Lite-on
PSU: StarTech 450 pro

Any comments on how well it will do? Hard OCP's systems didn't really cover most of what I have for hardware.

I am guessing low to medium settings 640 to 800 depending on preference
but nobody really knows till you actually run it on your own system..

He should be able to run 1024x768 without AA and AF and get great frame rates. I mean geeze the guys got a 3 Ghz P4 tied to a 9700 pro, thats hardly a low end machine....

Doom 3 Specs

These are my specs, do you guys think I will be able to run it well? I would buy a new vid card, and prolly will, when I get cash (only have $170 in wallet).

Anyways here it is (for my Dimension 4600):
Pentium 4 2.8GHZ 800FSB Hyper Threading
256x2 DDR SDRAM PC 3200 400MHZ
Geforce FX 5200 128MB
Seagate 120GB 7200.7 ATA 100 IDE (7200rpm, 8mb)
dell ultrasharp 1800fp 18" flat screen

^^i think my monitor has 25ms but i've ran dvds and ut2k4, experienced no ghosting issues.

can't wait, two more dayz!!! :bang head

Back