• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!! Cant Play Games!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skidooosl

HELP!!! i cant get eaither GTA Vice City or DF Black Hawk down to load :(. they just error as soon as u click on the icon. GTA gives me a unhandled exception and sometimes something that says bad bla bla bla... memory could not be written and Black Hawk Down will give me a similar error. motocross maddness seems to work fine :) lol, but i play GTA often and have not been able to for months!!!! reinstalled both games, checked for updates, reinstalled vid card drivers, re installed Direct X 9.0c, changed mobo, ram, cpu.... NOTHING WORKS!!! could i have bad mem on my vid card or something? it all seemed to start ( well, df was always weird ) i tried to copy my GTA disk for a backup so i dont scratch up the orig... since i tried to play it from the copy it has not seemed to work. also i installed a tv tuner card at about the same time (asus) but took it out and uninstalled all drivers with no luck... my whole system is at stock speeds while i try to figure this out, any ideas? PPLLEEAASSEE :(

Sounds like you have a bad stick of RAM, or you're overclocking too high.

First thing I would do is reduce my overclock, or drop it back to stock and see if the problem goes away. If it persists, then pull a stick of your RAM and see if it goes away. If it still does it, switch the sticks.

I replaced the ram, before i had corsair XMS3200 now i have mushkin 222 special :( and system is all set to stock. I will try one stick at a time though. What if Doom 3 wont run!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOO

tried both sticks... not the ram :( PPPLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well it looks like your system is giving yu the bird!

i would try reformating and reinstalling windows

another thing, it migth be the mobo's memory controller, might be going south

it did this on 2 different mobo's.... i RMA'ed the first one after it blew and this mobo does the same thing :( i NNNEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD to play Vice City!!! AAHHHH i am going to try throwing in a diff drive and installing XP to see if that will work :( i just hate to reformat because i have SO much stuff.

AAHHH!!! I CANT PLAY GTA3 eaither!!! i just installed it so i could atleast play SOME form of GTA, gets me the same error..... :( today i will try to reinstall XP on a diff HD and see if that helps.... THIS SUCKS!!!! checked around on google and it seems to be a pretty common prob, many said re-format did not help :(.... no one seems to know how to fix it.

That's what I was going to say Shard. That sounds to me like a vid ram issue or a comp memory issue. Change out your vid card for something else and try it out.

If that doesnt work, I'd suggest getting Norton Ghost, making a Ghost image of your HD, and wiping the slate clean. Start over from basics with only 1 stick of ram, the vid card, the HD, and the CD-Rom drive installed.

lol, the only other vid card i have is a diamond stealth 3D 2000 4MB...... although when i bought it, it may have been one of the top cards (1996) i dont think Vice City will run to well on it. LOL

If you like Delta Force BHD - get team saber and betetr yet get Joint Operations!!

i am a hardcore DF fan :)

lol, i would if i could play it! i love that game!! for some reason it has always given me a problem when it loads the game, only now i cant even get it to start :(

Back