• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom3 Screens on 6800GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that is definitely nice. The question is, how smooth does the game run on that Vid card? We are all concern with performance, right?

Yes I agree, I don't care how good a game looks if it's FPS are below 60. Oh well, It's always better to have hardware grow around the game...because you can't really update the graphics engine to make it look prettier.

I'm sure you can lower settings to make this playable, it's good to know with the right power you can make this run so beutifuly

Albuquerque said:
Nice! :) Still sometimes wishing I had gone with the 6800GT this round ;)
i'd be more than happy make an even trade with you, seriously :) it sucks to know that i have a 51" hdtv and not be able to plug it to my pc and get 1080i, the GT only does 480 or something, guess ATI's AIW experience is paying off

as for game play i haven't played too much, and can't seem to enable the console much less enable fps display, but i'd guess at 1600x1200 AAx4 Ultra High details i get average of 30-40fps, it dips pretty low(i'm thinking teens) when a monster appears for the first time, i guess thats where the 512mb video ram comes into play, i will try different settings and try to get the fps to display, and will report back

Last edited:
Hehe, now you made me start thinking ;) The only real problem is, I've long since voided the warranty on this thing by slapping the Maze 4 block on it. That, and in order to plug in your card, I'd need a 6800-compatible block and I just don't know of any :eek: :(

I might have to consider it though, if I can find a good waterblock for not a ton of money. :)

Albuquerque said:
Hehe, now you made me start thinking ;) The only real problem is, I've long since voided the warranty on this thing by slapping the Maze 4 block on it. That, and in order to plug in your card, I'd need a 6800-compatible block and I just don't know of any :eek: :(

I might have to consider it though, if I can find a good waterblock for not a ton of money. :)
:) MCW50 with 6800 adapter, i still have receipt and also comes with an impeccable BFG lifetime warrantee ;) and i could spare a little....

sweet!

I don't know much about Doom 3, but in one of the shots it looks like there is group combat? Do you get to have guys w/ you in the game who help you fight? If so, that is awesome.

bobmanfoo said:
how do it bench?

1) Toggle the console by pressing CTRL + ALT + Tilde Key (~)
2) Type "timedemo demo1" without the quotes, and press enter
3) The first run will probably be very choppy as the system caches all the graphics and sounds. After it is done, repeat steps 1 and 2 for a more accurate, smooth run.

(no I don't have it yet...eb games, better have it in the morning.)
mica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back