• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't install drivers for my radeon 9700 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BackBreaker

Disabled
I uninstalled the old drivers and now when i try installing different drivers it says INF error, video driver not found. Can anyone help?

It also helps if you run driver cleaner in safe mode, and then install your drivers. If your old card was a nVidia, be sure to run driver cleaner for that one too.

I did use drivercleaner 3. And, I dont know how to get to safe mode. i know that by pressing delete I go to bios but I don't know how to get to safe mdoe from there. And this problem happens on all drivers I try installing. I already uninstalled the old ones.

BackBreaker said:
I did use drivercleaner 3. And, I dont know how to get to safe mode. i know that by pressing delete I go to bios but I don't know how to get to safe mdoe from there. And this problem happens on all drivers I try installing. I already uninstalled the old ones.

We think that the reason you can't install your new drivers is because parts of the old drivers are still on your system. Driver Cleaner run in safemode will delete all those excess files. If f8 during boot doesn't work you can also go
Start--->Run--->Type in "msconfig" w/o the quotes

Under the boot.ini tab you should see a checkbox next to /SAFEBOOT Check it and the next time you start up you will be in safe mode. Just remember to uncheck it when you are done or it will keep loading up in safe mode.

I did what you asked and it still wont install. Should I just uninstall the old integrated card's drivers? Will it mess up when I start up windows?

yes I had bestbuy install me the card and drivers because something messed up (I thinnk I didn't disable the old card before putting the new one in and bestbuy had to reinstall windows on my comp).

I'm trying to install the spirit driver 4.8 beta btw, and when i go to C:\Program Files\spirit driver\9700 it's empty. And when I go to c:\program files\spirit driver\wdm there are 2 files one says wdm_9x and the other wdm_xp and below them there are some other files and when I went to the setup one it asks if I would like to restart my computer right away and I do and nopthing happens after my computer restarts.

Right when I got my pc back from bestbuy I also downloaded standard drivers (same version as they already installed on my pc) and it said the sam,e thing. INF error.

when I go to Add hardware wizard or device manager and click on the radeon. it says:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

This card was working fine just before I uninstalled those drivers.

when I go to bios in advanced tab under primary video adapter it says: PCI slot should I change this?

in device manager below display adapters there is only radeon 9700 pro but when I go to control panel and add/remove programs the old nvidia display adapter is listed there.

ok for some reason I just installed the omega drivers and they seem to work fine. I don't know why the spirit driver won't install and I would like to use that because its 4.8 beta. Also should I go to control panel add/remove programs and remove the old nvidia display driver?

Back