• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me or...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Is it just me.. or when you play Halo in surround sound does it sound really weird? With EAX on it sounds REALLY weird, and normal sound it still doesn't sound good. It used to sound fine on my 2.1 setup...

When I say sound weird, I mean I can be driving and sudnelly the hog sound will go into the background, like it's really far away. And when people shoot at me sometimes it sounds like their next to you.. or you don't even hear the shots.

This happens with no other game, aside from Halo.

Probably cuz Halo has been buggy ever since it has come out. The net code sucks, the sound is pretty much terrible, and the multiplayer gameplay is terrible. I was fairly active in Halo for about 6 months, but I quit because I got tired of the crappy gameplay.

99% of converted games are full of bugs :p what do you expect?

*Is still trying to get surround sound to work on his Z-640s* :(

PCGUY112887 said:
Is it just me.. or when you play Halo in surround sound does it sound really weird? With EAX on it sounds REALLY weird, and normal sound it still doesn't sound good. It used to sound fine on my 2.1 setup...

When I say sound weird, I mean I can be driving and sudnelly the hog sound will go into the background, like it's really far away. And when people shoot at me sometimes it sounds like their next to you.. or you don't even hear the shots.

This happens with no other game, aside from Halo.

than why did the pc version (not to mention the xbox) get such high ratings by reviewers?

Wasnt it one of the very first games to make such heavy use of shaders or something along that line? I think it was very impressive at the time, and pc players were hearing so much about it from the xbox.

Granted, this game was a fun game! You could play old xbox maps, plus new levels and guns. It was a great game. I was addicted to it for a while, but it got tiresome for me. You needed a top of the line ati card to play this game without any bugs. And yes, the shaders were cool.

BackBreaker said:
than why did the pc version (not to mention the xbox) get such high ratings by reviewers?

Because it was overrated and as said one of the firts FULl Dx9 games to come out - too bad they were using 3 year old graphics and did a really bad port

Just because it is on the internet, does not mean it is true.

Doom III sound like it is overrated - short story and game play/ 4 player multiplayer - but amazing graphics - that is about it by the sounds of it so far.

Back