• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor or drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danr

Registered
following on from a recent thread i started i need some help to identify the cause of the following problem.

I have a 6800 ultra and have installed the latest drivers 61.77.
I have an old 17" crt monitor and have set the windows desk top res to 1280 x 1024 @ 75 mhz refresh. When i hold and drag a window, the edges break up and shake whilst moving then correct them selves when no longer being moved. I can also see faint lines moving up the screen ( like watching a monitor on TV ) like waves.

I have tried other drivers, clean install ect. but nothing fixes.
Its livable in windows but when i run far cry all the objects with contrasting colours shake and stuter.

Does this sound like a problem with the monitor and refresh rate?

any ideas

thanks

it still happens when i bring the refresh down to 60 and the res down as well.

the vertical lines on the windows do not remain straight, they become jagged whilst it moves. its lost its smoothness

I want to say it's the video card going out. If you can try it with either a different card or a different monitor that should narrow it down.

Back