• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

/me asks for help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay everyone! I'm in need of a little help from the superiors here.

I WANT 1197Mhz!!!!!

I think my celeron is up to it! ANY HELP AT ALL, my sig has my system info. Short of new ram (coming soon) and a new cooler (also soon) I need suggestions! ANYTHING!

Sohryu Asuka Langley said:
Okay everyone! I'm in need of a little help from the superiors here.

I WANT 1197Mhz!!!!!

I think my celeron is up to it! ANY HELP AT ALL, my sig has my system info. Short of new ram (coming soon) and a new cooler (also soon) I need suggestions! ANYTHING!

That's a cB0 chip, and you've already gotten it that high?! WoW.

What happens as you increase voltage, does it become unstable or too hot? If it's instability, what are you doing about memory timings/etc, as I've learned they will hold back an overclock by causing instability (but not preventing post, just errors in windows operation).

Outside of that I'd say be proud of the job you've done thus far... I don't know, apart from watercooling, what else there is left to get the voltages lower... and remember that Intel had problems getting most early coppermines above 1GHZ...

***Update -- after rereading your specs I can make (2) suggestions:

1--Lose the extra 96MB PC100/PC66 ram chips. Run 128 for now when overclocking. Yes, new RAM will/should help.

2--You memory timings are set to cas2, very overclocking unfriendly... try setting to cas 3 with the one ram chip and see what happens... honestly, I'm surprised you've gotten this far with those chips and settings, but then again I excite easily!

I know they work perfectly at 125Mhz CAS2 (VIA Turbo mode) and so far at 118 CAS2 on this board. URM.... Im sure my S code is a cCo (Stepping 6). Ill be removing the otehr RAM soon anyway (just cant now, I have a lot of downloading to do)

I have half a watercoolingalready set it so far (I need a waterblock) but i have a GIANT Eighnm(sp?i know its wrong) pump and filter (prevously used for a 300 liter fish tank), and oil cooler as a radiator.

ABout the ram, the PC66 was bought 4 years ago and was top-of-the-line (can do CAS1 at 71Mhz) and the PC100 (bought 2 years ago) rated CAS2@100, while the 128mb stick is Generic but for generic, it has infineon chips (4x32) :)

Sohryu Asuka Langley said:
Im sure my S code is a cCo (Stepping 6). Ill be removing the otehr RAM soon anyway (just cant now, I have a lot of downloading to do)

Better check again: 600 SL3W8 SL46U cB0 0683 128K 90 12.6 3,4,5,10,12

good deal on the generic ram :)

I think ill look at the cpu again sometime tonight maybe... yeah.. i saw infineon and asked for credit straight away :)

That's a cB0 step!!!
Try to update your bios (try the 1009 Final Tweaked
Don't use it it @ 2/2/2 use it @ default setting must better for overclocking 3/3/3, try DTC @ 7T,9T...
take out your dimm's @ 100Mhz and @ 66Mhz and try to get crucial memory the best for overclocking you can put +/- @ 157Mhz it will help you with your cpu FSB...
What's your temps probably a new cooler will help too...
But you alredy have a really nice overclock for a cB0...

~Good Luck~

Not sure where you live but you can get tonicom 166 in some places still but not many for around $20 for 128mb's

Just go extream man get a peltier rated for an AMD something along the lines of 120 or more and set a water block on it. I am sure your system wold reach over what its doing now you just need better memory. That PC100 and PC66 is holding you back PC133 or higher is the only way to go.

ive got 2x 128Mb Muskin Rev3 on order (very hard to get good ram in australia, if i cant get that, theyll send me 2x 256Mb Kingma pc150 tBGA sticks). Mushkin works better then crucial on the CUSL2-c board.

That is an amazing overclock, I'm impressed. I can only get my P-III 700 cC0 up to 1.1 gig and that's not entirely stable. I didn't notice if you mentioned motherboard cooling mods, but for extreme overclocking that might help. A bigger, better northbridge cooler is proven to help at high FSB speeds. Also, a heatsink on the ICS clock generator sometimes helps a little. Supercooling the CPU sounds like the next step if you're really trying to get the max out of the system, but with a cheap Celeron CPU why spend that much money on peltiers and water cooling?

batboy said:
Supercooling the CPU sounds like the next step if you're really trying to get the max out of the system, but with a cheap Celeron CPU why spend that much money on peltiers and water cooling?

Because if you get something oversized power/Wattage wise it will cary over to a P/// batboy. Never use a celeron tec on a celeron use a P/// on a celeron its much better for cooling and OCing

Beside grease for the northbridge...no other cooling mods. Of course, I have a massive amound of air flow in my case anyway (how many of you can put a near empty can of coke against your fan grill and have teh fan suck up up against it and not fall off?). Still havent found time to remove the FOP and check S Spec yet.

Back