• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do YOU run DOOM 3 at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfury

can everyone please post what they run smoothly at...

i run it at 12x10 with settings at ultra high with the system in my sig.
i never drop below 40 FPS.
what about you?

Last edited:
I started playing at 1024x768 with settings on high but id get a very occasional 3 second stop when somthing big was happening so i turned it down to medium. Once I get up to a gig of RAM I'll test again.....and maybe that will give me the courage to play the next area lol :( :cry:

slyfury said:
can everyone please post what they run smoothly at...

i run it at 12x10 with settings at ultra high with the system in my rig.
i never drop below 40 FPS.
what about you?

i will let you know when i get it...I really hate everyone who has it before the release date....grr..

I run it at 800x600 low quality with all advanced options turned on and no AA. Framerate is between 20 and 40 most of the time, I don't want to go lower on the settings. However in the multiplayer I run it at 640x480 with everything off and that gives a stable 60fps. This is one the system in my sig of course.

I wish there would have been some more advanced options that allow for u to manually set the texture quality and AF. When talking about textures BTW, the game is a little disapointing, because most of the texture are VERY blurry. Of course u don't really see it when playing because of the shaders/bumpmapping but when u get close to a wall it really catches the eye. Another thing is the models. People, a soldier in CoD has more polygons than a zombie in Doom 3. Some of the heads in the game look really like this: /\. And I'm basing this on what I've seen on my friend's rig, with 9800pro and iiyama 22'' crt.

But the game is really awesome of course and generally it looks very good, even on my GF3.

1280x1024, High Quality + 2xAA. Framerates steady at 40-60. 100% silky smooth, no discernable moments of weakness so far, lovin it. :D

[email protected]
P4P800
BFG 6800 GT @ 410/1150
1GB Crucial PC3200

I've seen screenshots of ultra and high compared; my eye just isn't discerning enough to notice the difference. I don't want to risk any texture chugging, so I'm enjoying the game at HQ. I guess I could pump up the AA more, but that's another area in quality that I don't particularly notice much in D3. As is mentioned in [H]'s guide the raillings are the only place I happen to get a glimpse of aliasing(at no AA), and with 2xAA it has ceased to bother me.

Panzerknacker said:
But the game is really awesome of course and generally it looks very good, even on my GF3.

So after all this "gotta get ready for Doom3" stuff,Someone is successfully running it on a gf3 TI500! Absolutely Fantastic!
I understand it might not run as good as with a 6800GT but the fact that it is perfectly playable on a TI500 is great.

I ran it last night on my 9700pro.... did the medium setting 800x600. Very slight choppiness when the screen was full of stuff moving around. Will try it tonight on my 9800xt..... So far this game is all that it's supposed to be.... man is this game creepy!

In the rig in my sig, i typically play it at 1024x768 @ high. I like this setting and it plays comfortably, but i have been spoiled by older games to have a high FPS. It stays usually above 30FPS, typically in the 40's and low 50's, and never really below the 20's.

Snagle said:
I started playing at 1024x768 with settings on high but id get a very occasional 3 second stop when somthing big was happening so i turned it down to medium. Once I get up to a gig of RAM I'll test again.....and maybe that will give me the courage to play the next area lol :( :cry:

1024x768x0x on High and I haven't had a stutter yet (~4 hours into the game) *but* I have a gig of ram. I'm not too sure this is a factor but seeing as it's the only real difference between our systems, it must be.

Nero said:
1024x768x0x on High and I haven't had a stutter yet (~4 hours into the game) *but* I have a gig of ram. I'm not too sure this is a factor but seeing as it's the only real difference between our systems, it must be.

I think RAM matters a lot. I can tell when the game is loading up the next stage, so if i had extra RAM i know that process would go a lot more smoothly. IT's still a great experience on my PC though, i'm glad i got it. I am thinking of OCing my proc a bit more to get all i can out of this game :beer:

the gig helps I think cause I can play with my rig at High at 1024 no AA or 8AF.

I get 45Fps to the sometimes below 30FPS drop... but I dont care its smooth most of the time

stratcatprowlin said:
So after all this "gotta get ready for Doom3" stuff,Someone is successfully running it on a gf3 TI500! Absolutely Fantastic!
I understand it might not run as good as with a 6800GT but the fact that it is perfectly playable on a TI500 is great.

heh heh yeah I agree. The game looks good enough that I don't dare to play it! Damn, it really scares me, those zombies are coming from everywhere and the sound makes it even more creepy!

bobmanfoo said:
how do you enable fps display? tia

what, you don't look at your posts yesterday?

micamica1217 said:
1) Toggle the console by pressing CTRL + ALT + Tilde Key (~)
2) Type "timedemo demo1" without the quotes, and press enter
3) The first run will probably be very choppy as the system caches all the graphics and sounds. After it is done, repeat steps 1 and 2 for a more accurate, smooth run.

(no I don't have it yet...eb games, better have it in the morning.)
mica

off to get the game now.

mica

ebgames said the plane it was on couldnt land because of fog...
Kiss my grits!

should be in 7pm tonite.....I hate living in the boonies sometimes...

Running on the sig below

1280x1024 with AA x2 with Ultra Textures. Runs great, will have to try benching it when I get home.

Just got home to test my system. Seem to be having some sound issues don't know what it is but oh well.

All tests where done at 1280x1024 res

Ultra High
41FPS with x2 AA

High
32FPS with x4 AA
47FPS with x2 AA and x8 AF

The differences between high and ultra high quality settings are neglagible. Personally it runs damn good even on ultra high quality I'm amazed. Anyways would do more tests but I'm dying to play some more hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back