• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ mobile and L12 hack. why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theMonster

Disabled
Hey, my 2600+ is arriving today, but I need to know before plopping it in the socket A, if I really need to do the l12/wire mod because my mobo's bios is fully tweakable from the bios menu, I can set the FSB and clock multis at whatever I want. If I do need to do the l12 trick, can somebody please explain why? Thanks mates! :beer:

L12 is mainly used to help keep FSB stable past 220+.

While you may be able to set your board to any fsb you wish - it may have stability problems that can be solved by the L12 mod when you start pushing higher.

It's good stuff - I've done it. :)

I just replied in the other thread. The only benefit seen with the L12 is on the NF7 rev.2. I just did some research on it and apparently it requires some sort of chipset to work correctly ( not the nforce2 in this case). You should do more research on it before attempting the mod.

Thanks Enduro and DoctaZ, I don't see myself needing to go above 220FSB anyway with aircooling. I guess that's for the waterboys. I'm hoping to get 200x13, 200*13.5 or 200x14, but I'll probably have to yank my PC2100 to do it, so until I get some faster RAM to replace the 2100 I may just try to go for 166x16, 166*16.5 or 166x17.

Last edited:
Awesome. Well good luck with that man, and if you have any more questions..... you know where to find us. BTW, if you want to find some good cheap ram that usually is reliable (everything I've purchased has been), try the Classifieds here. They have some great deals on ram.

Yeah most certainly. You can find a lot of good cheap pc3200 here which would most certainly allow a 200*X overclock.

GL and post anymore questions :).

Back