• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trouble with autorun

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xb1az3x

i have an NEC optical drive its model is ND-2510A and it does not run the autorun programs off of cds or dvds when i insert them? does anyone know how to fix this. thanks

This may help:

SUMMARY
This article describes how to enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs.
MORE INFORMATION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

If there is a CD-ROM changer attached to your computer, you may want to disable automatically running CD-ROMs (the automatic running of a compact disc [CD] or the automatic playing of an audio CD-ROM). If automatically running CD-ROMs is enabled with a CD-ROM changer, each time that you insert a new CD-ROM into one of the trays, Windows cycles through every tray in the changer.

There is no option to enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs in the user interface. To enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs, you must edit the registry:
Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom

To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
Restart your computer.
NOTE: This method disables automatically running CD-ROMs. If you want to disable automatically running CD-ROMs depending on the CD-ROM that you insert in the CD-ROM drive, you can press and hold down one of the SHIFT key while you insert the CD-ROM.

From Windows Help and Support Centre.

Are you running any 'Windows Tweak" programs? Sometimes these give you the option to turn off Autorun. TweakXP is the one I've seen do this.

i used a windows tweak but it wasnt auto running before that. but ill give the registry a try thanks for the help fellas

Back