• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFAB199

Registered
I know this is a stupid question and I think I know the answer but, if you put a 4x agp card on a mb that only supports 1x agp, it will work, it will just downgrade to 1x instead of using 4x, right?

on a 333mhz with a radeon 7000 would the video output be decent quality?, thinking about using not only for music and web but also dvd

The quality should be OK, just dont expect miriacles in games ;).

One thing to watch out for is AGP voltages. Some older cards and slots are 3.3v,some are 1.5v. Make sure your slot and card are compatible.

just wanting something to store and play all my music, browse the web and maybe watch a movie on tv, the reason I looked at the 7000 is that is has s-video out and composite and it's cheap

thanx for the tip on the voltages, what's funny is that a pci solution cost almost twice as much, go figure

also, seeing the system specs the speed on a dvd will not really matter will it, or is there a minimun speed suggestion?

JFAB199 said:
just wanting something to store and play all my music, browse the web and maybe watch a movie on tv, the reason I looked at the 7000 is that is has s-video out and composite and it's cheap

thanx for the tip on the voltages, what's funny is that a pci solution cost almost twice as much, go figure

also, seeing the system specs the speed on a dvd will not really matter will it, or is there a minimun speed suggestion?

For software decoding of DVDs there is a minimum CPU speed required, I think it should be oK but Im not 100% sure.

There are other cards with SVideo out as well. My Ti4200 has Svideo out, DVI as well as standard monitor output. But if its just a rig for music/dvd etc then a cheap 7000 should do the job.

yeah I mainly want cheap, don't need dvi since will only be connected to a tv, according to some sites specs meet minimum requirements, barely

thanx for all your help

Back