• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd and 3rd hard drive not being read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soyo Boy

It reads it in bios, reads as well when i go to control panel>admin tools>computer management>storage>disc management, and it shows the two hard drives that are not shown in my computer, but it says as follows:

Disk 0 (healthy)
Disk 1 (unallocated)
Disk 2 (unallocated)

and, when I right click the unallocated disk's, it has the option to partition it, but, I dont want to, because it has important data on both hard drives. What can I do, so I can access these 2 hard drives in "my computer"?

Thanks in advance!

BTW: I have data already on these 2 hard drives, and I dont want to delete them by partitioning.

(i put this in the storage section, but getting no replies...)

Hmm... looks like it isnt seeing the partition table. Are you a 100% sure they have partitions? Have you done anything to the drives?

Yeah, I'm 100% it is already partitioned, because before I reinstalled windows on my main hard drive, I was using both 2nd and 3rd hard drives for data.

What file format are you using on the 2nd and 3rd drives? If it is a Linux format windows will not read it. To my knowledge windows only reads fat 16/32 and ntfs.

Considering the fact that they are recognized in the BIOS I would have to be curious about whether or not the data some how was lost. Could you post a screenshot of the disk management screen please?

where were these drives before? did you just insert them? or did you just do a format?

it sounds like that the partitions possibly got deleted, you could try getting partition magic to fix it. One of my friends accidentily deleted his partition and partition magic was able to fix it.

Back