• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ww or MCW6000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

i was reading around and most ppl prefer the 6000-p. but also the ww is still a good block. with the ww being higher in price, are they close in performance or is there a noticeable difference?

I asked this in a previous post, and nobody responded.. But what I can summise since then is that the white water has a lower pressure/head drop because it is less restrictive, and that they have pretty similar performance.. I am trying to decide between the two as well. I feel that mainly the ww will add more clutter as it has one intake and two exhaust lines. Thus you have to have a y joiner after the block, which doesn't look grand in a minimalist case setup.

Wait a minute, so according to these charts a block like the 6002 from swiftech will get the CPU 10 degrees above the water temp? which is probably close to the case temp... This doesn't sound that great... I know that they are using the 1700 for their test.. well atleast it would seem that they were... But I get about 8 degrees difference (cpu/case) using air... so would going to water help at all?

RobxMcCarthy said:
Wait a minute, so according to these charts a block like the 6002 from swiftech will get the CPU 10 degrees above the water temp? which is probably close to the case temp... This doesn't sound that great... I know that they are using the 1700 for their test.. well atleast it would seem that they were... But I get about 8 degrees difference (cpu/case) using air... so would going to water help at all?

Your ponderings are incorrect young grasshopper.;) Those numbers are only good to compare between other water blocks in the selection. Because of temp sensors, mounting, and 1000s of other variables you cannot compare. Those tests are done on a custom testbed, not actual processors. If your CPU is putting out a different heatload than the testbed your comparison will be even further off.

Back