• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a nice midrange graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I am looking for a replacement for my Ti4200 as I think its playing up, and its about upgrade time anyways.

1) I am not going to Overclock it. Overclockability is not an issue.

2) I don't want to spend much over £100 (UK). £120 max.

3) nVidia or ATi - I dont really care which

4) I need something with plenty RAM, 128 min, 256 preferably, as I plan to get Doom 3 soon and although Im not looking to play it on max detail I want to have it look decent.

5) UK vendors only. Ordering from the US is not an option. So for example a special offer at newegg is no use to me.

6) AGP 4x or compatible. I have a K7D board that has a 4x AGP slot. No PCIe.

How does this look: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=65095

Thanks in advance

Looks pretty decent to me. You could also consider the Radeon 9600xt. Both cards are comparable. I live in the US so I don't know exactly where you could order one from. But either of those cards should be in your price range and are comparable.

get a 9800pro 128mb.... cost you $200 american..... if you're forturnate you'll get one with a r360 core and xt pcb.... which means you can flash it to a real xt for the cost of a pro.... Even an overclocked 9800pro will make Doom III look pretty darn good.

HousERaT said:
get a 9800pro 128mb.... cost you $200 american..... if you're forturnate you'll get one with a r360 core and xt pcb.... which means you can flash it to a real xt for the cost of a pro.... Even an overclocked 9800pro will make Doom III look pretty darn good.

he said hes not going to OC....but yeah 5700< or 9600xt< will do you fine...id spend the money on a faster core then 256mb of ram.

5700's and 9600's would be my recommendation also. Don't get the "LE" or "SE" models, go for the Ultras or XT's or whatever they're called in your vendor. Either one of those cards would perform quite well... If you're able to find a "new" 9700Pro, that would also work very well too. 8 pipes and 256-bit memory bus would plow over the 9600's and 5700's quite easily.

Not sure what luck you'll have in the 9700 front tho :)

Back