• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turned a Celeron 325 D into a 3.8 Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SureStoreX

I was setting up a friends PC with a Asus P4R800-V and the Celeron 325 (2.5Ghz). The system posted fine, temps were 39-41 C, not the greatest but acceptable.
After 38 hours of memory test I felt the memory was okay, so I decided to run the Belarc diag program, and it gave me the CPU speed @ 3.8.
Wondering how the HELL I did that, I noticed that the FSB was at 800, not the 533Mhz which the Celeron's run at.
AT the time of posting this thread, I realized that you would want to see a screen of CPU-Z, but I had already given him the PC.

Anyone slightly interested in this, the CPU PROD code is as follows:

BX80546RE2533CSL7ND

BATCH NUMBER:
7414A738

Yes Celeron-D's overclock easily 50% higher! I got a $67 Celeron-D 320 and at 200Mhz clock I get 3.6Ghz stable, passes hours of Prime95 and MemTest86+, only get errors at 3.8Ghz or above.

Well i think they are made on the prescott core which is a 800fsb cpu and i have heard of these cpus clocking to 3.9ghz.
Would like to see benchies at 3.8ghz.

Thats all you did was set the FSB to 200 instead of 133 or maybe the mobo didn't recognize the fsb correctly.

jenko said:
Well i think they are made on the prescott core which is a 800fsb cpu and i have heard of these cpus clocking to 3.9ghz.
Would like to see benchies at 3.8ghz.

the small cache helps it speed up the core speed, the prime example is shown in AMD, you grab the apple bred duron chip and OC that thing, then you take it out and enable the cache, max speed drops about 100mhz atleast. and here we're talking about 725kb of cache missing, that's alot of cache to be make up for.

dicecca112 said:
well I'm gonna play devils advocate and say Bulls**t. I want screen shots. Only then I'll believe.
A number of people in the forums have done this with Celeron-Ds now:
loaded6vi.gif

Back