• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VGA Wires... how do i conenct them to the plug?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hamspiced

for the project im doing i need a wire diagram of what wires go where on a VGA plug for a monitor.

I have a bare plug, no wires, and i have to wire it in the appropriate order...

what colored wires go where on this thing?

Anyone have a diagram or a schematic?

it's the two wires closest to the heatsink (farthest away from the agp slot) the red wire is closest to the heatsink then the black wire..... if I'm wrong just switch them around.... :)

I dont think you understand what im talking about, so ill post what i have and that might help...

Monitor%20Connector.jpg

Im doing a custom build of a comp. it can be seen here: Link

and i need to create a vga plug that is very very thin at the connection to the vid card due to the lack of space i will have....

ohh i remember this project....let me say that kicks a**.

http://www.mycableshop.com/techarticles/VGA.htm is a pinout.

Let me suggest something....most video cards can have their bios flashed to operate on a mac....i would think it could go backwards...mac cards on a PC...the reason i say this, is because i have a junker mac i use..i got a cheapo ATI card with it...it has standard VGA, and an LCD connector...the LCD connector is about the size or smaller than a USB plug, and it delivers high definition..its not like ur regular LCD plug....i dont have a flatpanel myself....nor do i know is it mac only..but if ur going to custom THAT MUCH, id say look into this idea...the plug is incredibly small....ud benefit from the macs weirdness.

well not exactly...the regular ones...are to omuch like VGA...thats why we can use adaptors....this one my graphics card has is MUCH more conveniant for what ur interested in...ill find u a picture of it tomorrow im sure youll agree.

im not much of a mac person myself, but this would be right for the situation.

Back