• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing NV10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bond_

I've got a queation a have a GeForce DDR NV10 and i want to flash it, my bios version is 2.10.4.02.04 and i don´t have any TV-Out or other TV settings on my vid card my problem is that i can only find bios newer than mine are the bios for vid cards with TV settings 3.10.00.09.00 right???

I've tried one of those on vgabios:
A:\>vgabios -gfddrch.rom
and i get the following message:
Usage:Vga Bios -f ROMFILE -tM
ROMFILE IS VGA BIOS ROM
M is TV Mode (0-5)

Is this *.rom file going to work on my vid card????
Plz help
P.s. i've got all my stuff (vgabios, nvflash, etc ) from M3DZone.com

Yes, the newest Nvidia reference BIOS for a NV10 is 3.10.00.09.00. I believe the *.rom file you should use is either smgf256.rom or smgfddr.rom, since your card doesn't have TV-out. The gfddrch.rom file you were trying to use VGABIOS with is for a card with a Chrontel decoder chip. You can download the above files from here...

http://www.m3dzone.com/files.php?directory=Videocards/NVIDIA/BIOSes/NV10/3.10.00.09.00/

In your post you said that you typed this at the a:\ prompt...
A:\>vgabios -gfddrch.rom

Using the smgf256.rom file as an example, you need to type this (if you have all the BIOS tools on a floppy)...

A:\>vgabios -fsmgf256.rom

Make sure that your processor and videocard both...ARE NOT OVERCLOCKED, or VGABIOS will probably not work. You'll get either a blank screen or vertical lines on the screen.

Last edited:
Tks
What do you think about this file smgfddr.rom DDR because my card uses DDR memory or should i use the other that you told me to the smgf256.rom file????

I'd probably try the smgfddr.rom file first, using VGABIOS...if you get data corruption on your screen, then it's obviously not the right one. If that's the case, just reboot and try again with smgf256.rom...your card will use the default BIOS after a bad flash using VGABIOS.

Make sure you don't get any data corruption after flashing with VGABIOS and before using NVFLASH...you don't want have to go through repairing a bad flash.

i m using 2.10.03 version bios for my gefore256

my card is a no brand card so if i flash to the newest version what will i gain?

i cant understand the improvement part so someone plz explain to me? thx in advance

This is taken from the BIOS release notes for a NV15. This shows the updates from version 3.15.01.01.00 to 3.15.01.02.00...this is only a minor revision as compared to a major revision (jumping from a 2 to a 3, i.e. 2.00.00.00.00 to 3.00.00.00.00).

Correct problem of Philips encoder having a dark gray border on the top and sides of the screen by changing the border color Y (register 0xA2) value to 0 instead of 16.
Fix problem of no color on S-video for the Philips TV encoder by setting the CEN bit to 1 at subaddress 0x2D. Also changed the order that the loads on the DAC pins are checked during the TV detection process so that the red DAC is checked first, then the green DAC followed by the blue DAC.
Add register defines and functions to enable and disable write protect on top of NVRAM memory.
Change OEMWriteProtectRAM() and OEMWriteUnProtectRAM() to use additional NVRAM protection.
Display switch routines now use NVRAM.
Further clean up and simplification of display switch code
Additional work on NVRAM locking, saving, and restoring previous state.

Composite output on the blue DAC output of Philips TV encoders is now enabled.
Limit mode support to 10x7 on 12x7 panels.

Back