• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network / Modem and BPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ble81

Last night I set up my home network systems and I used the guide here in the forums to do it with the Microsoft network software found in the system CD. (I know it imay still be a mistake but I am still running '98 SE) and I was able to connect to the Internet at 40,000 BPS before I set up this system. I am not trying to complain about the systems because I am very satisfied with the networking programs here but my modem speeds dropped from 40,000 to 28,800. I am wondering why this happened and is there anything that I might be able to do that would restore my numbers fairly close to where they were before I set up my network? I am using two 10/100 Realtech ethernet cards in my computers I do not know what the settings are at this point but I wonder if there is some setting /s that I can do to rectify the speed issue that I have here..
Thanks
- Brian

Last edited:
Back