• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crashing.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

The windows folding program is suddenly causing my puter to freeze up. At first I thought it was a temperature thing but Prime runs no problem. Could it just be some corrupt code or what?

Can I just download the program again and if so from where? I'd prefer the official download site.

DO this-

stop the service from running (if you installed it that way) in start -> run -> services.msc
Delete everything in the FAH folder except for FAH4console.exe, client.cfg, and srvany.
start the service again

When you are folding a Gromac, it uses SSE and can cause lockups and instability not found when using prime. It's possible that with summer temps, your overclock isn't stable anymore. Try dropping it down and seeing what happens or folding at stock speed for a while to make sure it's fine. It's probably not the program if it has worked before.

The graphics client has always been sketchy at best... I use the console version as a service, and just check my logs when I want to see what its up to. Many of us do it this way and never have problems folding.

Back