• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best choice for A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hi all, I got the sudden urge to build a replacement rig - my old one's being an @$$ clown right now :bang head ... s0o0o0o... I am gonna go Athlon64 and was wondering what the best price-to-performing chip is - - opionion please?

Thanx :cool:
Dreammmatt

dreammmatt said:
Hi all, I got the sudden urge to build a replacement rig - my old one's being an @$$ clown right now :bang head ... s0o0o0o... I am gonna go Athlon64 and was wondering what the best price-to-performing chip is - - opionion please?

Thanx :cool:
Dreammmatt

I would have said the best price to performance chip would have been the AMD combo for 179.99, but they stopped it for the time being. Other than that, I think they have some 3200+ for a decent price on Newegg, and I heare that the Epox boards are the best right now.

Wee! first link to my post!

Aside from it seeming that anything about 2.4ghz is kinda pointless as far as benchies go, it is doing pretty well. The only thing with my setup is that my mem cant handle very high mhz speeds, and to drop down again would put it at about 370mhz. Otherwise I run it at over 440. But it would seem that I have it runnin pretty nice as of yet with the stock timings, but at 2.7vdimm. But still, it is nice to see those scores so much higher than the crap 2400+m that I had before.

well, i dont wanna get screwed by ram that doesnt have enough punch.. so i was thinking that i might have to go with a 3000+ just cuz of the higher multiplier - - oh...wait...are the multi's unlocked on a64's like the 2800? i cant remember?

socket 754 is only unlocked down.(you cant raise the multipier ubove stock)
socket 940, 939 FX cpus are fully unlocked, while, the 3500+,3600+, and the 3800+ in the 939 socked remain unlocked only down.

Back