• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can certain chipsets cause poor PC performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirjinx1974

Can a different Motherboards chipsets ruin a PC's performance or is the perfomance based on the hardware? Can a built in Raid /SATA card be crap and cause poor perfomance in a PC? I kind of wonder if the raid card I got my Raptor hooked up to is crap because I have tried to bench my Raptor drive and I am only getting 16MBPS transfer rate when I should be getting a higher transfer rate than 16MB's. I have a no name motherboard with the 400MHZ VIA chipset and a Highpoint raid/SATA card built in. What is a good fast SATA raid/controller card I can by that will give me performance with a 36gig Raptor?

Enlighten me please?

yes chipsets can cause performance differences, but not enough to cause a raptor to only get 16mb/s. i would post this in the storage section, you will get more/better help there.

Back