• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512 mb?? What a scam by ID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarlaxe

Disabled
Has anyone noticed how mcuh of a scam the whole: "Doom 3 needs 512mb of video ram to run at Ultra Quality mode." What a ****ing scam made by Nvidia and ID to help sell their upcoming 512 cards, which we all know will be bundled with D3. I bet Nvidia payed ID more to say that. I have a 128mb 6800nu and I run at 1280x1024, 2xaa, 8xaf, Ultra Quality mode, Vysync on and never get any glitches, or slowdowns, my frames do not drop below 31. Complete scam. Maybe at 2024x1600 res is when it would need 512mb with 8xaa and 16af. Other than that, ya ****ing right. Go ahead whoever has a high end 128mb card, or a 256mb, go ahead and turn on Ultra Quality mode, if you have been scared before. Turn it on, you will 1)notice almost no difference 2)notice how your frames do not drop at all. Wow, that wasn't so hard was it, and guess what you don't even need SLI or a 512mb to do that. ID and Nvidia are just out for more money. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Many, many people would consider 31 fps unacceptable.

Other than that, I would agree with Nvidia and ID being out for money. They are businesses like any other business.

As for their statements, it may be true that the game may run slightly faster with an upcoming 512MB card. How much better remains to be seen, but I think doing the internet equivalent of hooping and hollering about it being a scam is called for until the final production release numbers are out on the difference.

Don't even start with that "the human eye" crap. It starts tons of flame wars. Please keep that OUT of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back