• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Card question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

I have a Gig GA-7N400 Pro2 and it comes with 6 channel audio. as it stand, wight now i have my sound going through a small desk top stereo, 2.1. On the sound card there is a 1/8 inch connection (at least I think it is) for the a sub/center channel and Rear R/L. The reason I say I think it is, is because when I try to plug in my stereo connection to it, it doesnt go in all of the way. I understand it might be somewhat of a different connection, but what kind of connection. When you buy 4.1 or 5.1 speaker setups, do the sub and the rear channels have slightly different connection than what is on a standard sound card? I know I cant utilize this right now do to my speaker config, but I would like to know what kind of connections they are and what I need to use them.

they all look the same to me... maybe you just need to push it in harder, i know on my card one port is noticibly stiffer than the other. no idea why.

yea....theres something Ive learned about computers over the years, dont force things

yea, i learned that too, but when the sound was staticy i noticed that that one didn't go in as far as the others. i just pushed it in a little harder, there was a click and the sound started to work. and i just looked at the jacks, there is no difference between any of the channels.

Back