• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ain't what she used to be

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

austinbmxnig

I sent my card 9800pro off to ATI for repair and they sent it back to me and it worked (MIRACLE) but now my OC has decreased signifigantly, i was hitting 445/380 and now i can only hit 405/364......kinda sad

i think i wanna pick up a VGA silencer because this GIANT III is super loud and the cooling is less then awesome

Last edited:
also, in the time that i didn't have my card i put a window on my side door and now there isn't a fan blowing onto my graphics card.....is it possible that this had a larger impact on my OC than i originally thought?

i doubt a fan on the side would make a 40MHz difference on the core..... sounds like they fixed it just enough to send it back to you.:(

maybe they sent you a new card that just isn't as good of an overclocker?

i guess i forgot to mention that the card they sent me the AS5 that i put on it.....and when i got it the stock cooler wasn't attached but the power cord for it was and the metal pins and springs were rattling around in the bag.....definately my card and certaintly not a new one.....i was hoping they would just like like "uh oh...this ones dead...give him a new one" and it was r360 core

well the fact that you put as5 on it should have voided your warenty (sp?) anyway.

stan03 said:
well the fact that you put as5 on it should have voided your warenty (sp?) anyway.

My Sapphire 9500 NP had some... greyish-silvery thermal compound, it reallly looks like AS.

Back